- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager – Operations, Control & ReconciliationAbout QNB
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Manager - Operations, Control & Reconciliation, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Switzerland//Genève.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
You will be responsible for the management/supervision of payment services and transaction management within the branch. Whilst the former encompasses the timely and accurate processing of outward/ inward remittances (including SWIFT operations), clearing and collection activities (inward/ outward), the latter includes cash activities and support to the Private Banking and Corporate team. They will also manage other payments initiated by other Banks, FINMA reporting and ensure investigations related to inward/ outward remittances with correspondent banks. The incumbent will lead development of the processes to support the Department's functioning and liaising with the respective internal departments. The incumbent will also leverage the available resources of the Department to streamline its plans, processes and strategies to be in consonance with the overall Group strategy. The incumbent will handle branch operations, which is mainly responsible for Accounts/Service (Internal and external) of Private Banking and Corporate. The incumbent is also responsible for TAT's for all Operational processes to be agreed to avoid any escalations. The incumbent will handle documentation & control, for safe custody of all original account opening documentation/EIPO request for the Private Bank and Corporate segments.
- Develop/ create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes for the Payment service Department as a whole and monitor their achievements on periodic basis.
- Ensure the existence of adequate procedures/processes to enable timely identification and resolution of processing errors/duplicate processing/outstanding reconciliation items and thereby prevent any losses being incurred by QNB Switzerland.
- Ensure the provision of adequate and efficient payment service services to internal customers and departments.
- Liaise with Head of Centralised Operations on operational matters, as and when required.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with the all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Develop/ finalize Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal and external key stakeholders to achieve improvements in turn-around time (TAT) with respect to transactions processed/ services performed within the Department.
- Ensure the existence of adequate and robust processes/controls (automated/ manual) to enable continuous compliance by staff with policies/ procedures, applicable regulations and AML, KYC and other rules/ regulations pertaining to their respective areas.
- Overall responsible for the timely conduct of central reconciliations in accordance with laid down procedures to ensure that errors, omissions, duplications and any unexplained items are discovered and corrected timely and the root causes identified to prevent recurrence of such instances in future.
- Approve payment service transactions as per the authority delegated to him/her ensure approvals accorded for individual transactions are in accordance with the Group's policy prior to processing the transactions.
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the banking industry with special emphasis on Operations.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV