- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Amgen is one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies. For nearly 4 decades, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a Medical Manager / Medical Liaison – Biosimilars and Mature Products to maximize Amgen’s value proposition through first-class medical and scientific projects, services and expertise, with key scientific experts and implement scientific and value programs in Switzerland in collaboration with Medical Team Lead, Medical Affairs Lead and Development Field Operations. This role reports directly to the Medical Director and is based out of our office in Rotkreuz Switzerland.
– Identifies, develops and maintains collaborative relationships with current and future Scientific Experts (SE), cooperative (study) groups and study sites
– Develops and implements local SE Plans, in line with local and international SE strategy
– Represents Amgen Medical department in Switzerland
– Discusses scientific value messages, clinical outcome and patient benefits with SEs, hospital pharmacists, local payers and other stakeholders in close collaboration with TAM/access group
– Discusses individual patient cases with health care professionals in order to optimize treatment decision making
– Implements and follows up on ISSs, other scientific and value related activities and provides input to the design of local observational research
– Identifies new research , VBHC and other partnership opportunities
– Gives clinical, scientific and value presentations at sites / hospitals
– Ensures society engagement: Medical Liaison support of international and regional congresses
– Implements and disseminates high quality medical and scientific educational programs;
– Delivers targeted internal training for selected topics (e.g. study update, congress news, latest scientific developments)
– Supports local Medical Affairs Lead in developing local territory R&D tactics
– Develops required qualitative and quantitative reports; collates competitor information
– Ensures conduct of work in line with compliance regulations
– Medical or scientific education or experience from similar positions
– Advanced degree (e.g. PhD , MD, Pharm)
– Minimum 3 years of experience in industry, or a related scientific field in academia
– Experience in sales force, affiliate Medical Department or Clinical Development
– Willingness to travel; possesses valid driver’s license
– Medical / scientific research experience
– Network of customer contacts
– Is approachable and trustworthy, builds constructive and effective lasting relationships
– Acts with customers in mind
– Plans projects by setting objectives, goals and timelines
– Uses scientific expertise to influence medical practice
– Presents convincingly and confidently in a variety of formal settings
– High level of self motivation and self-organization
– Willingness to stay on top of scientific knowledge within indication/product
About the company
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
For more information, visit www.amgen.com and follow us on www.twitter.com/amgen.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails and seek to obtain personal data or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on this website before applying. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and thank you for your assistance.