- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ROLE: Senior Python Developer (4-7 years)
Michael Bailey Associates are currently Recruiting for a Python Developer to join one of our large Financial organisations in Basel, Switzerland. This is a 6 month contract with the opportunity to extend.
Expected Start: ASAP
Expected End: November 2019 - opportunity to extend
We are looking for a consultant to join a small team of risk analysts and developers, to work on a project for the migration of our reporting infrastructure on Pension Fund asset portfolios.
The consultant will contribute in designing and implementing of an operational database solution orchestrated by Python, where to migrate the current reporting infrastructure implemented in Excel.
The ideal candidate should be willing to perform guided business related analysis in order to understand the business requirements of the final solution and be able to proactively contribute to the optimal design of the tools.
The desired solution (already prototyped) includes:
- An interface with an external calculation application and store the data in the designed internal database
- A range of calculation transformations in Python to the data to produce aggregated reporting results
- Quality checks on the received data, including time series analysis
- Processes to handle incoming data from various sources (databases, Excel files, PDFs, csv, Bloomberg)
- A web based user interface to control the above processes
Required Skills / Qualifications/ Certifications:
- Python v3.5+, pandas, pytest, matplotlib
- MS SQL Server 2016+
- MS TFS 2017, git
- Experienced in test-driven development concepts, agile (Kanban) development methodologies
- Experienced in creating automated unit- and integration tests and using them as part of daily development work
- Focused on the final solution, with willingness of understanding customer objectives
- Can work independently, committed to deliver high quality solutions
- Proactive, curious and interactive personality, willing to actively contribute to the tool design
- Good understanding of financial instruments and transactions, especially related to asset management
- Basic knowledge of descriptive statistics
- Both front-end and back-end development experience
- Object-oriented and functional programming paradigms
Nice to Have:
- Experience with dashboarding tools (like Tableau)
- Experience in C# 6.0+
If you feel that you would be a good fit for the role please feel free to send your CV or get in touch with Terry O'Neill on;
[Telephone number removed]
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.