- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Thoratec Switzerland GmbH is an Affiliate of Abbott Medical. We develop and manufacture circulatory assist devices (blood pumps) that are used by people all over the world. Software is not only an integral part of the devices themselves, but plays an important role during the manufacturing process in the form of manufacturing execution systems and test systems. That’s where you come in: You would be working with an interdisciplinary team of manufacturing engineers and support all software needs through-out the whole software life-cycle. Your daily tools would be Visual Studio 2017, Git and Jira, among others.
(Senior) Software Engineer ETH/FH
based in Zürich
You will be working in a team that is responsible for the manufacturing and testing of life-supporting medical devices that are based on magnetic levitation technology. You will be developing non-product Software for manufacturing purposes as part of this role. You will be using tools as Visual Studio 2017, Git/SVN, Jira and Confluence.
- Independently design, develop, and deploy non-product desktop-software for our medical device production.
- Test, qualify and release software for production.
- Maintain software (regular bug fixing, support and troubleshooting).
- Document activities according to med-tech requirements (software design description, verification)
- Manage individual project requirements, priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work with Scrum in an interdisciplinary engineering team.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science.
- 3 years or more of experience in Software Development, preferably in medical device industry.
- Ability to speak and write in German and English fluently.
- Programming skills in C#/.Net for desktop applications, and C for firmware development.
- Object oriented programming skills.
- Interest and ability to learn new skills.
- Be familiar with agile development and Scrum.
- Experience in data bases and MySQL.
- Experience in GUI development with Winforms would be an asset.
- Knowledge of standards IEC 62304, ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR part 820 would be an asset.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application as pdf.
(If you want to upload several documents, don`t save in between uploading them to be able to do so. Once you save your uploads, you will not be able to add more documents)
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Switzerland.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
Switzerland : Technoparkstrass 1 CH 8005
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.