- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Sankt Gallen
Location: Sankt Gallen, Switzerland
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Software Architect specialized in Industrial IoT you will be part of a highly innovative and international team being able to influence the company's strategy and product development.
Your key deliverables:
- Own the scalable, modular design for the Eaton IoT SW Platform - embedded, Industrial PC based, virtualized, etc.
- Hands-on design and development with the development teams.
- Ensure full convergence of ICPD SW solutions and maximize the re-usage and further development of the Eaton SW platform.
- Implementation of communication interfaces for industrial fieldbuses and cloud services.
- Contribute to the whole development process, from planning and conception until validation.
- Support of the test and support teams.
- Working in a modern, agile software development environment.
- Working globally together with distributed teams from St. Gallen, Bonn, Pune and Prague.
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering FH or ETH.
- Strong experience in software development.
- Excellent C++ knowledge, algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience with IoT platforms (Azure based, Cumulocity).
- Experience with embedded systems.
- English fluent.
- Experience in handling and programming of fieldbus systems and PLC desirable (e.g. Profibus, Modbus, CoDeSys).
- Experience of GUI development (e.g. Qt, OpenGL) would be a plus.
- German fluent is a plus.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, career development and learning opportunities [Eaton University].
- Contract in fast growing global company.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No