- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Novartis is proud to have served patients in Neuroscience for over 70 years. We strive to identify novel targets using human genetics and experimental medicine, advance clinical trial design and pioneer a new era of scientific advancements. Above all, partnering with patients and doctors in an effort to change the lives of people impacted by neurological and psychiatric conditions is at the core of our mission.
We are looking for highly energized, passionate people to join the Novartis Neuroscience Medical Affairs team to be involved in bringing products to market. Focused on providing medical and scientific leadership into Global Product teams for the Novartis Pipeline, and collaborating with New Products Directors in the pre-launch phase.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide medical scientific input for the assigned pipeline programs to build together with the WW Brand Medical Director the Medical Affairs strategy and plan in collaboration with relevant cross-functional teams (clinical, patient advocacy, public affairs, commercial, access).
• Serve as a disease area scientific and medical expert on pipeline assets within our internal crossfuntional teams and external customers e.g., Health Care Professionals (HCPs), Market Access and Patient Advocacy Groups (PAGs).
• Provide guidance to Chief Scientific Office’s and their teams on pipeline priorities and required country support including Medical Scientific Liaison education on pipeline.
• As a member of the Global Medical Affairs Team, act as medical key point of contact for assigned studies, including providing medical scientific input, developing and contributing to study-related documents, review presentation materials for study/program-related advisory boards, investigator meetings, protocol training meetings for Novartis local medical organizations and external speaker at meetings when required.
• Deputize the WW Brand Medical Director in Global Project Teams (GPT), Clinical Development Unit CPO alignment meetings and internal decision boards as the Medical Affairs advocate.
• Contribute to talent and career development of MA and Development colleagues through active participation in on-boarding, training and mentoring activities.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: MD, PharmD or PhD with knowledge for ≥ 6 years of medical affairs/ MD with Clinical research experience for at least 3 years
• Proven ability to interpret, discuss and represent efficacy, statistical and safety data relating to the assigned area. Advanced medical/scientific writing and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team setting, including a highly-matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with key investigators in assigned TA.
• Medical and/or scientific expertise within a disease area required.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Business Unit GLOBAL MEDICAL AFFAIRS
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.