- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Novartis has been reimaging the care for MS patients for more than a decade. With our vision to ultimately develop a cure for MS, we are making progress by bringing new treatments to patients in the short-term that will benefit MS patients in different stages of the disease. Moreover, we are exploring how data and digital can help us to better understand the disease and help us to improve care for MS patients.
1 out of 3 patients with MS are affected by Secondary Progressive MS (SPMS), a disease characterized by limiting mobility, cognitive decline, and fatigue
We are looking for highly energized, passionate people to join the Novartis Neuroscience team to be involved in bringing a product to market. Focused on providing medical and scientific leadership into medical brand teams and other related functions from pre-launch through Life Cycle Management. WW MA Director supports the WW Brand Medical Director in the execution of MA activities in alignment with GMA functions.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide medical scientific input for assigned Medical Affairs studies (Phase IIIB-IV, PMS, non-interventional studies without regulatory impact) within the MS program, as a member of the Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT)
• Serve as a disease area scientific and medical expert for internal customers/stakeholders, e.g., GCT, Scientific Review Committee, research, exploratory development, device development, Marketing, Novartis Country Pharma Organizations (CPOs), and other line functions within GMA and external customers e.g., Health Care Professionals (HCPs), Market Access and Patient Advocacy Groups (PAGs).
• Build together with the WW Brand Medical Director the Medical Affairs strategy
• Support WW Brand Medical Director in ensuring compliance of promotional and non-promotional global material and all Medical Affairs activities, including brand safety related activities for the assigned program and input to Periodic Safety Update Reporting (PSURs) and Development Safety Update Reporting (DSURs); as well as deputize in Global Clinical Team (GCT), Global Project Team (GPT), Global Brand Team (GBT), Clinical Development Unit (CDU), CPO WebEx Alignment meetings and internal decision boards as the Medical Affairs advocate.
• Contribute to talent and career development of MA and Development colleagues like Field Medical Experts, and Clinical Trial staff, through active participation in on-boarding, training and mentoring activities.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Medical or scientific degree, preferably MD
• Advanced medical/scientific writing and communication skills.
• Proven ability to interpret, discuss and represent efficacy, statistical and safety data relating to the assigned area.
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team setting, including a highly-matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with key investigators in Neuroscience, especially MS.
• Medical and/or scientific expertise within Neuroscience required.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Business Unit GLOBAL MEDICAL AFFAIRS
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.