- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Operations GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a IFE & Connectivity Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Hamburg at the earliest possible start date.
Who we are?
The Airbus Cabin and Cargo Electronics design offices are responsible for the cabin and its systems on all Airbus aircraft. We design and develop to market needs and we support the final product until deployment into service.
What we are offer?
You can extend your know-how about many aircraft systems in the Cargo & Cabin Electronics environment. Participating in shaping the future through research and development and also being part of the digital transformation process of Airbus.
What we are seeking for?
We are seeking a candidate with experience in wireless technology / IP Network architecture and/or glass fibre technics, ideally combined with an experience in project management.
What can you expect?
Through the multifunctional way of working in the organization, we promote the personal development of the staff and offer an interesting wide-ranging work environment.
Does it sound interesting for you? Then come and join us!
Even if you are not that experienced, you are invited to promote yourself to these exciting positions!
What do we offer?
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Flexible working hours & places
- Compatibility of work and family life
- Attractive remuneration
- Company Pension Scheme
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured..
Tasks & accountabilities
What's your challenge?
- Evaluation and analysis of technology trends
- Definition of system architectures and concepts, as well as participation in the selection of Aircraft system manufacturers for IFE & Connectivity systems
- Defining all system requirements including planning and creation of technical system requirements
- Monitoring the timely implementation/fulfillment of system requirements for software/devices or system suppliers
- Continuous technical development risk analysis and minimization
- Definition of laboratory, ground and flight tests, analysis of test results and definition of system improvements
- Preparation of documents for approval of the system
- Evaluation of the system behavior in the service, analysis of the occurring malfunction and modification of the system
- Cooperation in international committees as well as monitoring of subcontractors.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- You have successfully completed a degree in electrical engineering, system-engineering, communication technology, computer engineering or comparable
- Ideally you offer relevant professional experience in Model-based System Engineering and also knowledge of cellular Standards and IP networks
- Experience in project management is a plus
- English: Negotiation level
- German: Advanced
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are willing to expand your existing Know-how and competencies. You offer as well good negotiation and presentation skills, as well as analytical and conceptual thinking and you pursue an innovative Spirit.