- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz, and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
As Certification Specialist [Avatar Project] (f/m/d) you will drive the development of features on the Avatar Project, working with the Snowdrop™ engine. You will be responsible for the overall architecture of game systems, as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. You will be working closely with other leads and people from different disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work.
The Certification Specialist needs to ensure that the platform standards applicable for the game they are testing are respected and correctly implemented. They are closely collaborating with the Production team throughout the development of the game and they are validating the games released by Ubisoft for Sony and Microsoft.
In addition, the Certification Specialist verifies the game’s integration with various operating systems and the Uplay/Steam platforms according to the current guidelines, ensuring that all PC Ubisoft titles follow the latest compliance checklist. At the same time, he checks the compatibility and performance for these titles, making sure that all supported hardware families of components function properly. Last but not least, the specialists also assist in developing the PC platform inside Ubisoft and setting our games to user-expected standards.
Responsibilities will include:
• Conduct compliance tests for the respective console
• Create validation reports and providing documentation for detected flaws
• Oversee each game submission
• Working on a AAA title using the Snowdrop technology
• The Certification Specialist must be up to date with the technical information provided by Sony or Microsoft, depending on the environment you are currently working on
• Perform and completes the test cases for Sony or Microsoft Guidelines
• Coordinate the tests on the project they are in charge of
• Maintain constant communication with the Production team, the functionality team and everybody else involved in the submission process to Sony and/or Microsoft
• Helps the Production team with the Sony and/or Microsoft Guidelines implementation
• Provide induction training on Playstation 4 and XBOXOne for the functionality teams
• Report Compliance/Certification bugs and monitor/manage them
• Sends Compliance/Certification and Validation reports
• Experience of at least 2 years on testing
• Extended PC hardware and software knowledge
• Platform (Sony, Microsoft) specific knowledge is desirable.
• Good spoken and written communication skills in English
• Able to adapt to changes and quick learner
• Strong work ethics
• Team player with multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
Flexible working hours
External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.