- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Developer Fullstack (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “IM Innovation & Digitalization”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Information Management (IM) delivers the expertise, technology and equipment for Airbus Space and Aerospace products - We make it fly!
IM is transforming and evolving but, we need even more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of technological solutions and services to our customers.
As part of our transformation the new operating model is oriented around multi-functional, agile teams working with the business and developing our digital capabilities. What does this mean for you? A role in IM is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
Our people the teams they work in and the values embedded in IM, are driving this change and you could be part of that too.
"Responsible for designing and developing IT products Builds / assembles high-quality code on both COTS or custom built applications to fulfil a defined purpose. Keeps up-to-date with new and emerging technologies including ability autonomously develop POCs and to contribute future IT strategies.
Possesses a good knowledge of Full Stack development and have the agility to transition between front/back end technologies. Engages in all phases of the product development (DevOps mind-set) to keep the Airbus IT landscape running smoothly, reliably, and efficiently."
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assemble and edit source code repositories to develop a software stack for the product needs
- Respects the standards and structure of the given APIs
- Works closely with customers in line with Agile / DeveOps ways of working (e.g. gathering requirements, creating technical specifications and architecture documents, creating good documentation, managing a project timeline)
- Develops design specifications and parameters that are in compliance with products' architectural blueprints
- Track record of successfully deploying and managing configuration management systems
- Participates in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, test and integration of products
- Researches, evaluates, and develops new tools to improve product development efficiency
- Deploys highly available, scalable, maintainable, monitored systems and services
- Manages the adoption of tooling and industry best practices among development teams
- May assist in development of product user manuals
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Several years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience
- Several years of experience in crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend systems and web services
- Knowledge on tools: Jira, TFS, Docker, Eclipse, Maven, etc
- Experience using backend technologies such as, MySQL, NoSQL, HBase, Spark, Elasticsearch etc. Strong understanding of networking, systems architecture, and micro-services architecture and Information security (IAM, Software development security)
- Hands-on experience with microservices, Docker, containers and cloud orchestration frameworks
- NoSQL and SQL databases: (MongoDB, HBase, Kafka)
- Big Data platforms: (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala etc.)
- Exposure to Docker, Mesos, Marathon etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- French, German and/or Spanish will be considered as well
- Digital Transformation & Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Ability to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within a virtual team
- ms project
About the company
Airbus makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
The company – a division of Airbus Group – helps shape the future of air transportation and drives sustainable growth around the world. Based on a deep understanding of ever-changing market needs, Airbus pioneers technological solutions and seeks the most efficient sourcing and manufacturing possible – so airlines can grow and people can connect.