- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Reg. Nr. 385/2019
The Collaborative Research Center 1278 "PolyTarget - Polymer-based nanoparticle libraries for targeted anti-inflammatory strategies" is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG). The goal of PolyTarget is to develop polymer-based, nanoparticulate carrier materials for pharmaceutically active ingredients for targeted therapy of diseases and syndromes, whose morbidity is characterized by an inflammatory reaction. The integrated Research Training Group of PolyTarget is educating doctoral researchers in a structured, interdisciplinary training program. Close cooperation within the multi- and interdisciplinary consortium with researchers from Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology, Pharmacy and Medicine offers unique prerequisites for transferring the findings from basic research into applications (www.polytarget.uni-jena.de).
The Integrated Research Training Group of PolyTarget invites applications for a
Doctoral Researcher Position (m/f/d)
at the Jena Center or Soft Matter (JCSM), Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Investigation of cellular uptake mechanisms by dual TEM and superresolution
The goal of this project is to apply correlative microscopy techniques to study the uptake and release of polymer drug delivery vehicles in cells. Mainly superresolution fluorescence microscopy techniques (structured illumination microscopy, SIM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) will be integrated into a comprehensive imaging tool to investigate processes on the ultrastructural level of cells.
- A Master's degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, physics, optics or a related discipline (M.Sc. or equivalent degree has to be earned before March 2020)
- Knowledge of electron and/or fluorescence microscopy techniques and their application in life-sciences or biomedicine
- Excellent technical skills and in the operation of complex instruments and their adaptation to measurement requirements
- Enthusiasm to play an active role in the interdisciplinary research team of PolyTarget
- Highly motivated and creative personalities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English We offer:
- A half position with a gross-salary according to TV-L (50%) (initially 06/2021 with elongation option)
- Opportunity for research on an innovative and worldwide unique research platform
- A comprehensive mentoring program with supervision by a team of advisors
- A communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top‐level research facilities and training program, including participation in international and national conferences, summer schools and workshops
- The place of work is Jena, Germany, a young and lively university town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation, and a vibrant cultural scene around a university with a rich tradition Applications should be written in English. The application deadline is December 31th, 2019. Intended starting date is April 2020 or earlier.
Severely handicapped people are given preference in case of equal qualifications, aptitude and professional qualifications.
Applications are submitted exclusively via e-mail to: jcsm@uni‐jena.de
Selected applicants will be invited to a recruitment meeting in Jena, Germany.
For more information on the position, feel free to contact PD Dr. Stephanie Höppener (writeEmail('s.hoeppener', 'uni-jena', 'de')email@example.com). For more information on the application process, please contact the coordinator, michael.gottschaldt@uni‐jena.de). More project details: http://www.polytarget.uni‐jena.de.
Please refer to the notes on: www.uni-jena.de/stellenmarkt_hinweis.html. Please also note the information on the collection of personal data on: www.uni-jena.de/Universität/Stellenmarkt/Datenschutzhinweis
Bitte beachten sie die Informationen zur Erhebung personenbezogener Daten
- ms project