- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHING, GERMANY
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for a final year project? Would you like to discover the work in the field of Aircraft Ground Development? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us at the Hydro mechanical Systems department.
Start: Summer 2019
Duration: 6 months
Airbus is facing new challenges and demands in the scope of digitalization. In order to remain a competitive player in the global aircraft market, conventional methods and processes of systems engineering need to be reconsidered aiming to reduce development time and subsequently increase productivity. The use of enhanced simulation/analysis tools is one of the key elements in this context.
The Hydro mechanical Systems department of Airbus Defence and Space in Manching currently assesses different ground control concepts for future aircraft, focusing on steering and braking. For system and equipment design, it is essential to understand the interaction between the involved control elements and the dynamic behaviour of the aircraft.
The scope of this master thesis is to develop a ground control logic in MATLAB Simulink, including command allocation to brakes, nose wheel steering and rudder.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting topic:
- Familiarization with existing A/C ground dynamics model
- Specification of directional and deceleration control requirements
- Development of directional and deceleration control logic including command allocation to brakes, nose wheel steering and rudder
- Validation of the control logic
- Documentation and presentation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Enrolled student (m/f/d) within Aerospace/mechanical engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of classical mechanics
- Good knowledge of control theory
- Knowledge of software modelling (MATLAB/Simulink)
- General PC knowledge (Windows, MS Office)
- English: fluent level
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Capable of working independently