- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Global Airfreight Pricing Expert (Gatekeeper) (m/f/d)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A
FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK) POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Global Airfreight Pricing Expert (Gatekeeper) (m/f/d)
IT’S NOT JUST MANAGING A
IT’S MANAGING TO CONNECT
PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD.
How do you predict what the
world’s going to do next?
That’s the challenge and the reward of what we do. As the experts in freight
forwarding, we deliver 100% assurance to our customers via a mindset that’s
always looking ahead to the next commercial opportunity, predicting the next potential
issue, anticipating the next global trend.
Because at DHL Global Forwarding, Freight, we’re not simply about freight
forwarding. We’re about forward thinking ways to connect people – and improve
Support data analysis on Global AFR bids. Quantify
the impact for customer on pricing input from the countries and the regions and
facilitate fact based decision making by relevant senior management
Global House of Pricing will calculate, analyze and
quantify business risks and exposures for multimillion AFR RFQs to support fact
based decision making by the relevant senior management stakeholders and define
pricing instructions leveraging standards accordingly.
Support smart pricing using all available sources
Drive continuous improvement of AFR pricing
quality in coordination with regional and country pricing teams.
Customer - Internal
- Drive competitive pricing from a global perspective, i.e. stay on top of market developments
- Analyze customer profitability and shipping profile
- Translate and explain pricing instructions received into bid instructions for involved regional country ACCs
- Initiate, explore all possibilities uplift & routing options for optimal results.
- Flag out the exposure and non-standard Terms and conditions proposed by the customer
- Instruct country ACCs and ensure timely delivery
- Check all received CT pricing input for quality e.g., Completeness, Adherence to pricing instructions, Adherence to DGF standards (e.g. T&Cs), pricing correctness (e.g. express rates cannot be lower than regular rates) and competitiveness
- Drive and support agreed pricing process, data quality and compliance
- Guide, support and on ad hoc basis perform global AFR pricing specialists activities
- Ensure competitive pricing through usage of various benchmarking tools
- Summarize the overall level of competitiveness and the key exposures to Global and regional AFR management and gain their approval.
- Lead final rate negotiation with the customers
Stakeholder and communication
- AFR Global and Regional management
- AFR House of Pricing teams – global and regional
- AFR Country ACC and AFR heads
- Global and Regional AFR procurement teams
- AFR Data Scientist and solution design
- AFR Product development
- Global AFR RFQ pricing process
- Supports decisions in project/program
- Leading and coordination role in projects
- Role requires highly analytical, forward thinking and creative mindset
- Working in a matrix organization and driving results globally
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, dynamic and high pressure environment
- Ability to deal with massive, noisy and semi-structured data
- Role requires strong communication skills, responsiveness and ability to make decisions.
- Identify strategic and operational issues in all areas of air freight pricing
- Conduct data analyses, develop statistical models and implement solutions, together with the respective subject matter experts
- Interpret statistics in the business context and prepare them for discussion with the members of top management
- Understanding of Airfreight product offering and of the key market drivers.
- Preferred gateway or pricing experience within Airfreight
- Propose solution and or seek required input to support the countries / regions with issues
- Energetic, results focused and creative problem solver
- Solid analytical skills ability to think “out of the box”
- Able to work effectively within a multi-cultural program and high pressure environment
- Tolerant of ambiguity with ability to prioritize and remain focused on critical deliverables
- Excellent command of MS Office tools
- Strong organizational skills paired with pro-active behaviour to manage complex project deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills,
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Responsive and not afraid of making decisions.
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in data analytics, preferably in airfreight / forwarding
- Hands-on experience with development or deployment of process automation tools, applications or systems
- Experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models, as well as the practical application of it
- Experience of working in multiple countries/cultures
- Degree in mathematics, engineering, informatics,
business administration or equivalent professional qualification
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great
Ms. Anna Kortmann is happy to answer your questions under phone 0049 (0) 228 182 47712.
Interested in this
responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and
send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references,
your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find
further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking
forward to your application.
- trades and professions
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.