- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Purpose/ Role
Our asset class is growing, and so is our team. The Private Debt and Opportunities team designs and steers the Alternative Debt portfolio for the Allianz Group. Private Debt is one of the fastest moving asset classes of the last decade, and we are looking for support to source, analyze and implement the highest quality investment opportunities across Senior, Mezzanine and Distressed Credit strategies, among others such as Infrastructure and Real Estate Debt.
Being part of the Investment Strategy Team of AIM, you will contribute to achieving superior investment results for our clients over the long-run. You will be working every day on data-driven investment analysis, supported by strong written and verbal communication skills, and make a measurable impact on the group’s Private Debt and Fixed Income strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an investment team managing a truly global portfolio with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop.
• Contribute to complex and large volume private debt investment proposals (in collaboration with other investment professionals) through qualitative and quantitative investment analysis
• Perform market analysis and research on a variety of countries and regions (developed as well as emerging markets)
• Prepare for and participate in meetings with asset managers
• Contribute to data analytics for private debt, performance measurement and ongoing portfolio management
Key Requirements/ Skills
• You must be registered as student for the entire duration of the work term
• You have completed your undergraduate studies in business administration, economics, or mathematics with solid credentials and are current registered in a master’s program
• You are fully fluent in English. Other languages are a plus. Where available, please also provide certificates demonstrating your English proficiency level (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, GRE or GMAT score sheets)
• Please clearly indicate in your cover letter details regarding your availability
• We are looking for people who take initiative and can work independently within an international and dynamic environment
• You have an inquisitive mind and you learn quickly
• You are interested in capital markets and investments. Fixed income know-how would be a plus
• You have strong analytical skills and pay attention to details. You are experienced in the use of standard Microsoft Office software, preferably with knowledge of database and data analytics tools
• Previous work experience in the financial industry is a plus
You must be registered as student for the entire duration of the internship.
Job start: August or September 2019 / full-time
Duration: at least 4 months and preferably 6 months