- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The department "Studies and innovative concepts" (TECIA1) at Airbus Defence and Space GmbH in Friedrichshafen is offering an internship or bachelor/master’s thesis in the area of Deep Learning in Computer Vision for innovative image processing methods on
Tasks & accountabilities
What we offer:
- Diverse and a great working environment with team of engineering experts.
- Powerful machines for training complex Neural networks, e.g. Workstation with high performance GPUs and Google Cloud VMs.
- Existing knowledge and expertise in state of the art Computer Vision techniques (e.g. Convolutional Networks, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs))
- Expertise in Satellite imagery.
The detailed topic, can also be modified for a Bachelor or Master’s thesis. This will be discussed and specified in detail with you.
The duration of your internship should be at least 4 months, and we would prefer having someone for 6 months or to directly continue with a bachelor or master thesis.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
What we expect from you:
- IT background bringing with you basic knowledge in Deep Learning and Tensorflow.
- Supporting and improving existing pipelines of data pre-processing and training.
- Programming experience with scripting languages, like python, R.
- Preferably experience with frameworks for creating Neural Networks, e.g. Tensorflow, pyTorch, Caffe, MXNet, Keras.
- Self motivation and interest for the field.
- Experience working with Linux(not a must, but preferred).