- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you an electronical engineering, software/computer science or mechanical engineering student and are you looking for an internship opportunity starting January 2019?
EnOcean, who manufactures and markets energy harvesting wireless modules for use in building, smart home and industrial applications, is looking for promising candidates for their 5 - 12 month internship programme.
EnOcean designs energy self-sufficient wireless modules for sensor networks and has been paramount in the development of energy harvesting wireless technology. The primary application areas of EnOcean technology are building automation, as well as ‘smart’ energy optimisation systems. EnOcean has pioneered small-scale energy converters harvesting kinetic (motion), light and thermal potential energy, which enable battery-less, maintenance-free, highly flexible and scalable operation.
About the internship
EnOcean offers a well-established internship programme. The selected candidates will work in EnOcean’s development labs. However, interns will have the opportunity to get involved with other departments, which, alongside with regular participation in team and company meetings, provides a great chance to experience the “full picture”. Throughout the year-long placement candidates will become familiar with EnOcean technology and have a real chance to contribute to the work of the company. As the company continues to grow, it is expected that some of our interns will return to EnOcean as regular employees after their graduation.
Able to retain their student status throughout the placement because the placement is a required part of their course (not a “Student in suspense”)
- At least 2 years completed studies
- Be genuinely fluent in English, written and spoken.
- 5-12 months internship programme
Skills and experience you should have and other things we value
- The curiosity and motivation to accept new challenges
- A keen sense of responsibility
- The ability to learn quickly
- The maturity to work with minimal supervision
- Previous work experience in the field
- German language skills are not required - but nice if you have
Profile 1: Students in Electronics
- Good knowledge of analogue and digital electronics
- Some experience of microcontroller circuit design
- RF circuit design experience is useful
Profile 2: Students in Software/Computer Engineering
- Know-how of embedded programming in C/C++
- Knowledge of some state-of-the-art microcontroller platforms would be useful
Profile 3: Students in Mechanical Engineering
- Some “mechatronics” experience
- Knowledge of electronic circuits would be useful
- Basic knowledge of CAD programs
- Genuine interest in MEMS/micro-machine design
- Knowledge of energy harvesting principles and mechanical design would be useful
Working conditions and compensation
- Munich: an international city friendly to students from all over Europe! Excellent public transport, buzzing nightlife, outstanding sports activities – in short “a cool destination”, regularly awarded the most liveable city awards.
- Collegiate and multicultural company environment.
- State-of-the-art development labs with excellent tools and equipment.
- Excellent on-the-job training.
- € 1.533,00 monthly salary(belongs to legal min wage requirements), including paid holidays
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application written in English including a CV, a cover letter anda university transcript.The cover letter should detail why you are applying for this job and how you satisfy the criteria. It should not be more than a singleA4 page.
If you have any questions, please contact
Tlf.: 33 41 10 30