- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Junior Buyer in our Premium Women Accessories category, you’re part of a high performing team, creating new and innovative ways to connect people and fashion. You are responsible for branded buying. You report to the Senior Buyer Premium Women Accessories and work together with one assistant buyer.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Identification of the best product selection for some of your unit’s brands to increase performance indicators, whilst being passionate about fashion and a market expert with a European view of the latest trends
- Finding the right assortment balance between being commercial and fashionable at the same time
- Checking trends, sourcing new brands, negotiating the best terms for Zalando whilst you manage daily relationships with the existing suppliers
- Know your KPIs and partner with the merchandise team for planning the budget and the OTB to monitor and review the performance of your unit, making recommendations based on valid numbers
- Exchanging and building successful relationships with other departments like Logistics, Content and Photo production, Onsite Management and Marketing. You will work cross functionally to drive sales and maximize profit WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-3 years of fashion buying experience in a head office or within e-commerce retailer, preferably with a background in branded buying for premium brands
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge in MS Office (especially Excel and formulas) and combining the passion for numbers with fashion and trends
- Negotiation is in your blood and you are always a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Quick thinking and proactive attitude, which also means you keep on top of things in a fast-paced environment, while embracing collaboration. Being able to work in a team as well as being very independent PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.