- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHING, GERMANY
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a “Junior Softwareingenieur Softwarepflege Avionik EF” (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “System Support Center Combat A/C - Operational System SW Maintenance EF ”.
Tasks & accountabilities
As part of the "System Support Center Eurofighter" (SUZ EF) - a cooperation between Airbus and the German Air Force - our department is responsible for all software projects of the German customer.
For this purpose, we take over the software products resulting from the four-national Eurofighter development and extend these in our own
Software projects with German customer requirements. The varied and challenging field of activity as junior software engineer in the "SUZ EF" is therefore not limited to the original German Airbus construction part, but is also extended to the other British, Italian and Spanish parts. Our engineers not only have an affinity for software and implement requirements within the scope of software projects from prototypes to production readiness, but also support our customers with broad system knowledge about the avionics of the Eurofighter and technical in-service inquiries of all kinds.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You will work as a junior software engineer during the entire software development phase.
- They support the integration of the supplied, four-national software products into the SUZ's own development environment and the updating of this environment.
- You carry out analyses of system errors and interface problems right down to the software level.
- They develop possible solutions and implement them in accordance with internal and external guidelines, with a focus on
¤ SW design and programming with Ada
¤ SW-Testing in simulated environment as well as on the real device
- You support the consultations / coordination with the German customer and other Airbus departments.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Completed studies (computer science / engineering) or comparable education
- Knowledge of an imperative or object-oriented programming language (preferably Ada or C, alternatively e.g. Java, C#)
- First experience in software development according to V-model or comparable development models.
- Knowledge of hardware programming or the development of real-time systems is an advantage.
- ability to work in a team as well as a structured, analytical way of thinking and working
- Fluent in German; good knowledge of English