- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are here to listen to our customers. We impact the way our clients use next-generation solutions through Cloud, Software, Managed Services, Computer Network and Storage Solutions. The Cisco Data Center Sales Specialist team consists of technical sales specialists with a commercial mindset that drives opportunities and provides subject matter expertise.
We promote and articulate Cisco’s leading-edge solutions and services and are focused on capturing market share in a very competitive environment. We define how Cisco’s data center and cloud products, services and partners can deliver enhanced business outcomes to our customers. We enable our customers’ journey into hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Together we are transforming the technology market. Come and define it with us.
Role and responsibility
The Manager Data Center Sales will lead a diverse sales team of Data Center Experts and drives Cisco’s success in Germany. This role requires a broad expertise in people management, sales, architectural and leadership capabilities. You will position Cisco Data Center/Cloud solutions in our existing and potential new customers to drive business transformations.
In this role you will:
• Understand and articulate Cisco’s Vision, Strategy for the Data Center/Cloud internally and externally
• Work in close alignment with the wider DC Team and the direct sales team to drive business
• Provide direct sales execution to high touch customers
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders like Marketing, Finance within the corporate organization
• Bring in a cross-architectural mindset to team up with e.g. Security Sales, AppDynamics Sales and others
• Establish and maintain BU/R&D relations as well as to the EMEAR and other Incubation Teams
• Leverage our Channel and the benefits of our Partner model to scale the business
• Demonstrate a clear awareness of architecture specific market trends, transitions and key competitors
• People leader with experience to lead remote and diverse Team of experts
• Strong Sales Leader with desire to build Architecture and Solution expertise and strong track record of customer and/or partner executive relationship.
• Know how to work successfully within a corporate matrix organization
• Ability to understand, articulate and position a value based proposition for Data Center / Cloud Solution to customers, partners, Eco partner & internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding sales and financial goals and lead the team against key performance indicators.
• Fluent English and German is a must (written and spoken)
To be considered for this position, you should have successfully completed the Required steps to be a leader in Cisco Germany and/or be already an experienced Cisco Manager
• Strong sales background with the ability to translate outcome-based requirements into Cisco solutions
• Demonstrable successful sales experience in Data Center related solutions
• Confidence in applying business and financial expertise to identify and qualify opportunities
• Ability to define an architecture sales strategy
• Discover, forecast and run opportunities in the short, medium and long term and portfolio management of a very strategic and growing part of the business.
• Mastery in developing and cultivating meaningful customer and partner relationships up to C-level
• Ongoing focus and desire to act in the most dynamic part of our business and ability to adapt to changes in customer buying behavior (consumption) and an ever fast changing competitive environment
• Delivery of engaging sales presentations
• Knowledge of competitors and ability to apply successful sales strategies
• Strong negotiation skills to craft solutions that are beneficial to our customers, partners and Cisco overall
• Understand Eco partner and competitive dynamics and act accordingly
• Proficiency in team selling approach
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.