- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you enjoy looking after meeting & events from A to Z and to be responsible for concept development, booking and smooth handling of Meeting & Events according to customer requirements?
Do you live and breathe customer service but don’t forget profitability at the same time and you can find win-win solutions for both sides all the time?
Then we are looking for you to support us in Berlin at Expedia Group's business travel subsidiary www.egencia.com as Meeting & Events Organizer with booking experience / GDS knowledge.
At Egencia, you will immerse yourself in the world of business travel management solutions. As the fourth largest supplier in the world, we offer our customers full professional service and are a booking-, service- and management platform all in one. We offer you permanent employment, a competitive package + extensive benefits, centrally located and modern office in Berlin, as well as flat hierarchies and a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
What you will do:
- handle different kind of projects from start to end including the financial part
- handle and book group and individual bookings for flights and trains (both domestic and international)
- handle and group bookings for hotels (both domestic and international)
- book conference rooms, technology and food for conferences / events as requested by customers
- handle additional services such as social programs, evening events and speakers as requested by customers
- monitor the timing and budgeting of events, anticipate and solve problems and ensure event delivery to satisfaction
Who you are:
This role will be a good fit if you
- have successfully completed studies in the areas of marketing / communication or bring training as an event manager or travel agent
- have +3 years practical experience within the Meetings & Events, ideally in a corporate travel environment
- are a driven person with can do attitude, used to take responsibility and make decisions, have a solution-oriented mindset
- have good booking / travel arrangement skills (required), knowledge of group bookings in Amadeus is a plus
- are able to competently manage and implement complex and time-critical projects
- bring readiness to travel
- write and speak German and English fluently
- master the handling of common MS Office systems and
- are a team player with above-average commitment and sense of responsibility
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- customer service
About the company
Expedia Group is an American global travel technology company. Its websites, which are primarily travel fare aggregators and travel metasearch engines, include CarRentals.com, CheapTickets, Expedia.com, HomeAway, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, trivago, and Venere.com.