- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Burgkirchen an der Alz
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Bavaria-Burgkirchen
Shift: Day (1st shift)
Polymer Chemist or Chemical Engineer (f/m/d) as Polymerization Process Engineer-191303
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: Externally focused, disciplined innovation drives Gore to develop new technology and create new products. Combining our materials science expertise with market insights, we deliver solutions that improve lives — from medical devices that heal patients, to fabrics that protect first responders in the line of duty. Learn More.
About the Role: For our dynamically growing production site in Burgkirchen we are looking for a PhD polymer chemist or an experienced Chemical Engineer to drive and own various polymerization processes as a Process Engineer – willing to take initiative and with a sense of practical, long-term-oriented solutions. In this role you will establish a deep understanding of the polymerization process to develop new products and ensure high quality manufacturing processes.
- Establishing effective and stable process parameters and supporting flawless quality documentation
- Driving the continuous optimization of the manufacturing processes of fluoropolymers in collaboration with the production team through troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Developing a deep understanding of the process impact on the product and optimizing the production equipment to create new or better functionality in collaboration with the engineering team
- Contribution to the development and commercialization of new products, including transferring R&D processes to production.
- Partnering with cross-functional and global teams, both as a team member and a project champion
- Contributing to the further development of this recently started plant and shaping your work environment
- A PhD in polymer chemistry, or a master's degree in engineering with at least 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Technical knowledge in the area of polymerization; ideally radical polymerization, emulsion polymerization, or polymer analytics
- Willing to take initiative and able to flourish in a quickly changing environment
- Proactive, hands-on approach with the ability to drive and influence
- Very good communication and organizational skills with strong team-player qualities
- Fluent communication in German and English
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, company pension plan, childcare subsidies, generous holiday entitlement, flexible working program as well as subsidized cafeterias and coffee areas. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more about: benefits, diversity, and growth & development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
At Gore we are looking for qualified and motivated individuals. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be pleased to answer your questions on +49 (0) 89 4612 2800 or toll free on +800 4612 2800. (Keywords: Chemist, Chemistry, Chemie, Polymer, Polymerisation, Dispersion, Emulsionspolymerisation, Master, Process Engineer, Prozessingenieur, Prozess, Fertigung, Kunststoff, Kunststofftechnik, Material Science, Verfahrenstechnik, Prozesstechnik, Projektleiter, Projektleiterin, PTFE, ePTFE, Gore, job, Gore-Tex, Goretex, Gore Tex, GORE-TEX®, Master, M.Sc., MSc, Bachelor of Science, BSc, B.Sc., Burghausen, Altötting, Bavaria, Bayern, Süddeutschland, Germany South, Produktion, production equipment, Produktionsanlage, Herstellungsprozess, manufacturing,