- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Excellent opportunity for an Quantity Surveyor to join a prestigious company.
Our client is looking to employ a QS from a contracting or residential background.
Reporting into the Senior QS you will be joining the project at procurement stages.
Duties will include:
- Preparing trade scope and works
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Collation and issue of subcontract tenders
- Prepare subcontractors appointment and proposal documents
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings.
- Preparing subcontract documentation for signing by both parties in accordance with the Call Off Contract procedure.
- Certifying subcontractor payments
- Assessing variations with subcontractor
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Preparing final account with subcontractors
- Assisting with Surveyors monthly cost reports
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Assisting in production of contractual letters to subcontractors when requested
- Assisting Project team with financial implications of site progress decisions
- Scheduling of directly procured materials to assist buying department
- Measurement of elements incorporated into designs to establish value and extent of works
- Assist Commercial department with compliance to business core objectives
Personal skills required:
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
- microsoft excel
- ms project
About the company
With the growth of organized retail stores and businesses, services of a retail recruitment agency are needed by major retail companies and businesses, and we are here to help.
At RetailFocus, we provide retail staffing solutions for our clients and our services meet all types of retailing needs.
If you are a jobseeker and interested in working within the retail industry, with our vast knowledge and a wide database of job vacancies, we can increase your likelihood of finding the perfect position.
For the employers, we have a range of recruitment services available that can aid you in filling up the open positions in your company.