- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Frankfurt am Main
Relationship Manager, FI, VP - 90230901
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
About Barclays and the Corporate Bank
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in the UK and the US. The Barclays group is divided at a Divisional Level into Barclays UK and Barclays International. The Corporate Bank sits within the Barclays International (BI) division and provides banking products and services to large Corporate and Financial Institutions Group clients. Barclays Bank Ireland (BBI) is Barclays European entity for BI.
The Banks team is a coverage unit within Financial Institutions Group business that sits within Barclays Corporate Bank.
The team provides relationship support to FI clients to help them with cash management services, liquidity solutions, trade and foreign exchange solutions.
The FI European Bank team specialises in working with major banks located in Europe mainland and that are active on Transaction Banking Services.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall purpose of role
The Assistant Relationship Director in coverage has responsibility for:
· Assisting European Relationship Directors and Global Relationship Directors to manage and develop their portfolio of Customers for BBI products
· Assuming Local Relationship Director (LRD) for BBI products and services
· Where appropriate working closely with Group partners in Corporate Bank, Investment Bank, Barclaycard, Wealth and Barclays UK to ensure client strategy is defined and executed in a way which delivers maximum value for Barclays Group and its clients
· Monitoring existing relationship and analysing business trends
· Identifying new business opportunities for BBI products and services
· Participating to KYC/EDD process
· Coordinating on-boarding process between clients and various internal stakeholders
· Ensuring effective risk management
Key Accountabilities and appropriate time split
Customer Sales & Service- 60%
Delivering against financial and customer objectives, by:
· Focusing on our existing customers to provide excellent service and be recognised as a trusted advisor
· Targeting prospective customers to develop new relationships and win new business with a specific focus on Barclays EUR clearing proposition
· Working with product partners, Global Relationship Directors and the wider Barclays Group to assess market potential and increase Barclays market share on product range
· Delivering support to Relationship Directors for the whole marketing process from the start (target identification, pitch book, RFP, Roadshow, pricing,...) to the onboarding process
· Embedding true industry specialism for optimum solution delivery
· Delivery of complex product solutions
· Using prioritisation model to ensure regular contact with customers, including service meetings, complaint resolution, etc.
Risk Management & Control - 25%
The FI coverage team is a first line of defence within Barclays Enterprise risk framework. As such the Relationship Director (RD) will participate to relevant internal risk committees. The key risks that the RD will closely monitor are:
· Operational risk impacting the settlement systems
· Reputational risk from failure to make payments
· Credit, and market liquidity risks of clients
· Balance sheet risk from product sales
· AML, KYC, Customer Due Diligence, Compliance
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.