- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for an Senior Android Developer who loves working on latest cutting edge technology android applications. As a Senior Android Developer you will be a key member of our growing mobile engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading applications android applications on Samsung handsets and tablets.
They will have the opportunity to work both independently and as a part of an innovative team to partner with our Headquarters & carrier partners on defining requirements for new device applications. Experience in architecting a framework and participating in the engineering of said framework. Post release work includes contributing to a retrospective – identifying where issues have occurred, areas for re-architecture, creating flexible architecture. Top quality analysis skills required for success.
• Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
• Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups across to define and implement product features.
Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
• Design application frameworks for use across multiple products.
• Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
• Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product Requirement Documents.
• Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
• Results-driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Evaluate opportunities to bring new product features and content to mobile users from a technical perspective.
• Build strong working relationships with co-workers, product and other intra company teams.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
Necessary Skills & Requirements
• Experience to work in Agile Project Management & development methodology
• Fluent in Java programming - especially in a mobile or embedded environment.
• Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common Java “design patterns” are desirable.
• 7-10 years of Software development experience and minimum 3 years of Android apps development experience.
• Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.
• Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues; utilization of sound engineering principles in writing code.
• Demonstrated ability to build intuitive user interfaces for mobile applications.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
• Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the development team.
• Knowledge of Android frameworks - such as messaging, networking, web services - strongly desired. Candidates with demonstrable expertise in such middleware APIs will be given preference.
• Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
• Minimally Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required; MS CS preferred.
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA
BIG THINGS HAPPEN HERE. The amazing products for which Samsung is known world-wide are the results of the amazing people who work here. Their talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation are what make us who we are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, we focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, and with offices in Richardson, TX and Palo Alto, CA, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. We market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of our commitment to
About the company
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, network systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, with annual sales of USD 196 billion (KRW 206.2 trillion), and become recognized as one of the top 10 global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. Today, this global network includes 319,000 people across 84 countries.
To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.
Specialties: Technologies, Televisions, Smartphones, Tablets, Blu-ray Players, Home Entertainment Systems, Laptops and Netbooks, Home Appliances, Medical Devices, Semiconductor, LED.