- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTION:Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
In Germany, Abbott has more than 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. Alere in Cologne and Jena is now Abbott.
Abbott is looking for a
(Senior) Global Finance Auditor (m/f/d)
based in Wiesbaden.
The (Senior) Global Finance Auditor is responsible for conducting financial and operational audits throughout Abbott’s international and domestic organizations and formulate recommendations for improvement in operating performance and control. The individual will effectively scope and plan for assigned audit engagements including preparation of audit risk assessments and planning to drive appropriate audit coverage. The (Senior) Global Finance Auditor will execute audit fieldwork using a risk-based approach to help ensure effective testing coverage. They will identify control gaps and other areas of risk exposure related to controls within Finance processes and deliver achievable, meaningful recommendations for management to mitigate the identified risks. The individual should have the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, present professionally, and work well with the highest level of Corporate and Division management as well as his/her peer group.
- Perform financial audits of Abbott Laboratories’ domestic and international businesses over the course of an 18-24-month rotation in Corporate Audit
- Utilize skills and knowledge acquired from 4-6 years of public accounting experience to assess the accuracy of financial statements, adequacy of internal controls, and identify business process improvements
- Successfully complete audits from planning to fieldwork to report issuance to wrap up
- Document all audit work performed in a clear, purposeful, and timely manner
- Establish positive working relationships with management and provide input on risks and controls while maintaining independence and objectivity
- Promote an effective team-oriented atmosphere and take initiative to assist in the orientation and development of new auditors
- Achieve individual and department goals as assigned
- Leverage experience obtained and relationships developed over the course of the rotation to identify future career interests and opportunities in Abbott finance
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4-6 busy seasons in internal/external audit practice of a public accounting firm, Big 4, highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and experience in testing SOX related processes and controls
- Project management experience including the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little or no supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to express a point of view and advise on risk and control considerations
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience desirable
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
- CPA or other certification (CISA, CIA, CMA), highly preferred
- Advanced written and spoken English
- 40-60% travel to Abbott's International and Domestic locations required; first year will require more around 80%+ travel
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Discover why candidates choose a career with Abbott in Germany.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
DIVISION:FIN Corporate Finance
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.