- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Backup Engineer is responsible for implementing managed Backup solutions. The backup platform consists of both disk-to-disk and disk-to-tape solutions. Eurofins backup in based on CommVault. Backup to tape typically includes the installation and configuration of Quantum Libraries. In addition, tasks include but not limited to configuration of dedicated backup solutions, policy setup and management, shared solutions, changes, configuration of management tools, and installation of 3rd party products required to meet the customer’s requirement.
The Central IT Operations team inside Eurofins IT Infrastructure is responsible for maintaining IT services (e.g.: servers, storage, monitoring, backup, physical hardware, etc) in collaboration with other IT teams and according to defined processes (e.g. Incident Management and Change Management).
The main responsibilities include:
- Operating IT services centrally hosted and in multiple locations.
- Ensure that IT Services managed by the central IT Operations team are delivered effectively to business customers. This includes the execution of SOPs, management of IT Incidents, IT Changes and IT Problems in OTRS based on the related processes, procedures and work instructions.
- Being able to perform backup installations/configurations adhering SOPs on a Multi platforms environment such as Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 servers, and Linux, on VMWare and physical servers;
- Install, configure, and de-configure backup agents;
- Installation and configuration of supported software tools;
- Setup Backup Policies based on customer requirements;
- Create and distribute reports based on customer requirements;
- Interact with build team for new infrastructure deployments and design changes;
- Code upgrades;
- ITIL approach to resolve technical problems. Troubleshoot occurring issues, investigating root causes and supporting resolution of the issues found;
- Deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth day-to-day operations;
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and third party software utilities for managed systems remain within company operational policies;
- Follow Change Management procedures for all production level changes within the enterprise environment;
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible;
- Serve as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems;
- Perform daily system checks, verifying the integrity and availability of all involved infrastructure elements server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs. Ensure that the performance, scalability, and security is maintained and optimized;
- Improve existing processes through sustainable solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation by automation;
- Review of new solutions and upcoming projects (provide feedback to project teams);
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques;
- Ability to provide technical guidance and end user training
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and analyses information skilfully;
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies and best practices through participation in team meetings and other direct contributions;
- Team player that has strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Cooperate closely with the rest of IT Infrastructure & Operations, Architecture and Security teams;
- Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include, but not limited to, GxP, HIPPA, GDPR.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years of Backup Engineering and Administration;
- 2+ years Backup Administration of CommVault;
- 7+ years of IT industry hands on experience;
- 5+ years of Systems Administrations hands on experience;
- 5+ years’ hands on experience working with enterprise server platforms (Cisco, Dell, Lenovo);
- 5+ years of any UNIX or Linux hands on experience;
- 5 + years of MS Windows administration hands on experience;
- Strong technical experience with industry standard x86_X64 server hardware, including disk storage subsystems, RAID, SAN and networking hardware strongly desired;
- Experience in handling Offsite Tape Management;
- Experience in handling hardware issues with third party vendors;
- Experience of working in a server support environment;
- Hands on experience with NetApp is a must.