- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Data Science, Software Development, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
jvm, nosql, memory, garbage-collection, java
Our tech teams develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search for their ideal hotel at the best rate. We're looking for a versatile software engineer who is passionate about their craft and has the drive to push technology forward!
You will be a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. With your technical expertise, you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables, as well as design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions. In return we'll offer you an international, results-driven and dynamic environment.
If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice ─ apply now if you think you'd be a great fit!
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain Java-based applications in the very heart of our Search Engine, processing millions of search requests every day, spread over multiple datacentres worldwide.
- Play a leading role and take ownership in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: Contribute back to open source projects or open-source something yourself.
- Challenge and rethink ideas around our users' journey to their ideal hotel.
- Craft applications that scale from a local developer environment to global, hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- Contribute your own improvement ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more.
What you'll need:
- A degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field or have equivalent experience.
- The ability to comfortably write at least one JVM language, most importantly Java, fluently.
- A good understanding of the internals of the JVM, esp. around the topics of Garbage Collection, Memory and Threading.
- Experience in designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Experience in using NoSQL technologies, like Redis or Cassandra.
- Fluency in English, our company language.
What we'd love you to have:
- You hold a master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- You have good experience in building cloud native applications.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/