- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
As part of SumUp, you will develop state of the art POS (Point of sale) system by working closelywith our hardware, software, industrial design, marketing, finance, and executive teams to bring new features and products to market and to grow business opportunities. You will drive new features that deeply integrate hardware, software, and services. You will help create and drive the strategy, vision and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices and the payment industry.
What you’ll be doing in this job
- Lead market research to launch new features and to define user requirements
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and specifications for our POS (Point of sale) systems based on a long-term product vision, market needs and technical trends
- Work closely with key stakeholders, hardware, engineering, industrial design and product design teams to develop innovative products and to deliver the best experience to our merchants
- Own and manage product life cycle from inception through fast iterations to mass production
- A degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of product management experience with a focus on consumer electronic devices
- Experience building and scaling B2B or B2C products from scratch
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects
- MBA or direct experience in business operations experience
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally, and for effective communication with executive management and external partners
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-driven personality, flexible and entrepreneurial intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a close, welcoming international community of more than 1400+ people from over 52 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, and office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past, we've gone to Spain, Bulgaria, Greece and a castle in the countryside of Germany
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- German classes
- Wellness benefits such as yoga classes, subsidized gym membership, football, running, and bouldering teams
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits