- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Juniper Networks Professional Services – Senior Security Consultant
Juniper Networks provides strategic solution development, integration and deployment services to our customers through the Professional Services (PS) organization. A Consultant position is a technical role, providing primarily post-sales Consulting delivery in PS, and will deliver and own the success of all technical aspects of projects engaged. A Consultant will be a subject matter expert in at least one technical disciplinary and will have the ability to design/validate project solutions. This role will be expected to engage in at least one project at a given time under the direction of Delivery Managers and will be billable to customer projects.
- Work in a consultative manner to deliver Juniper Suite of Security Solutions for Telco Cloud, SD-WAN and Enterprise Security solutions in customer projects.
- Ensure security solution architecture meet the customer objective and goals
- Drive technical delivery success, including assessment, design, test and validation, and implementation.
- Follow the Juniper deal engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the Project Manager.
- Work with Customer and Juniper’s key technical resources to ensure technical alignment.
- Personal on-site and/or remote delivery of Professional Services including creation of high level and detailed design documentation, migration planning, product integration and acceptance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customers’ technical teams.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of the Juniper Networks products.
- Regular feedback of product requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting and product management.
- Escalate project issues timely.
- Project scoping efforts when required.
- Engage with the technical community through industry events, web forums, and publications to share knowledge and evangelize Juniper’s PS services and capabilities.
- Build a reputation as a subject matter expert among their peers in the technology, products, solutions, and services.
- When assigned, contribute to technical design of new service offerings.
- Able to investigate, learn, and engage in projects with new technologies.
- Provide training/mentoring to Consultants.
- Ideal – Unified Threat Management(UTM), IDP, End Point Security, Application Firewall, User Identity based firewalls, SIEM solutions such as Splunk and Q-Radar, Security Management Platforms (Junos Space), IPSEC, SSL, MAC-Sec, DDOS, L2TP, and GRE. Securing Public, Private and Hybrid clouds (Amazon, GCP, Azure) and IPv6
- Essential – Design, Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper and/or other Industry standard security products: Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto, Tipping Point, Remote Access solutions, Network Access Control, and SIEM solutions. Switching, dynamic routing protocols like OSPF and BGP, Data Center Network and NAT
- Advantageous – VMware vCenter/NSX, OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Service Orchestration, EVPN, VXLAN, Junos (awareness not expertise), Containers, Dockers and virtualization data forwarding technologies like (DPDK, SRIOV, IPSEC Passthru), python, SLAX/Junos Automation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler, NIST awareness, OWASP top 10, Security Audit and Risk Analysis Experience/background
- Professional Services consulting and business consulting experience.
- Experienced in designing, implementing, and/or testing, Telco Cloud, and Enterprise Security solutions incustomer projects.
- Experience with providing strategic direction for core enterprise infrastructure and security supported technologies, including data protection, such as DLP, tokenization, and encryption, perimeter protection, such as WAF and firewalls SIEMs, managed security services, and Cloud services security
- Ability to drive definition and implementation of the security architecture standards
- Proven capability to effectively transfer knowledge to customer technical teams, both through formal and informal training.
- Effective planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills.
- Delivered large scale solutions projects to Service Provider and/or Enterprise customers.
- An excellent understanding of the industry, the customer's business issues and solution architecture to meet their business goals.
- Bachelors and/or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of related experience.
- Industry Certifications – CISSP, CCIE or Juniper product certifications (JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE - Security) strongly desired.
- Travel up to 60% of the time is possible.
- ms project