- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
As a Software Engineer in the Team Content Management, you will build the article catalog for all Zalando shops in all countries. The systems you build transform items from the analog world of fashion into the digital one - in a quality that clearly separates Zalando from other platforms - with tools having the potential to shape the future in this field.
For more information about the Business Unit Retail Operations please visit this site: http://tinyurl.com/y6j5h5lo
Where your expertise is needed
- Build the core content creation system in a RESTful microservice architecture
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle - from analyzing the requirements together with our Product Leads, the definition of the target architecture and development up until the operation on AWS
- Grow and define your career while solving numerous interesting and challenging problems
- Collaborate on department-wide projects with other delivery teams and our business unit
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of professional experience in application development, with a focus on backend development. Frontend development experience is a clear plus
- Knowledge of the most of the components of our current tech stack consisting of Java, Scala, GO, AWS, Tomcat, Swagger, Spring, Docker, Postgres, NoSQL, React, GIT, Jenkins. While we work mainly with Java, a versatile colleague would fit right in
- Significant experience in building distributed systems and a degree in computer science or related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills, an agile mindset - curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends
What We Offer
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, commitment, meetups, 100+ internal guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English - we do not accept applications via e-mail.