- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHING, GERMANY
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
For Airbus Defence and Space in Manching we are looking for a Team Leader (d/f/m) Structural Design.
Tasks & accountabilities
As team leader (d/f/m) of the structural design you are responsible for the entire development chain of the airframe regarding primary and secondary structure:
You are responsible for ensuring and maintaining the technical authority (approval), maintaining competence within the subdomain and cooperation with all disciplines involved in airframe design.
Your main tasks include:
- Functional and disciplinary management responsibility for the employees of the structure construction
- Coordination of all personnel development measures of the department
- Management of the development and construction of vehicle structures taking into account system requirements,
Function, maintainability, flight safety, weight, costs and deadlines
- Development assurance and release of all structural construction documents with regard to approval as a
type examination engineer
- Focal point for production and customers for all questions concerning vehicle structure
- Failure analysis and repairs on customer aircraft as well as acceptance on site
- Research and further development in the field of future structural designs
- Responsibiliity for tender preparation, personnel deployment planning and budget
- Representation of structural development, expert lectures and implementation of internal and external training courses
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Engineering (e.g. technician with at least 10 years of professional experience in
structural development) or equivalent
- Practical experience in design as well as relevant knowledge of methods and processes within the
design, especially in the application of different tools and standards (CATIA V4/V5, PDM, VPM)
- Profound experience in development assurance (prototype testing engineer) as well as certification and
- Several years of experience in project and team management
- Distinctive leadership competence
- Experience in the transnational military aviation industry
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in German, English at negotiation level
A national security clearance is required for this position. In addition, the requirements for processing national projects must be fulfilled (German Eyes only).
- ms project
- safety and security
About the company
Airbus makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
The company – a division of Airbus Group – helps shape the future of air transportation and drives sustainable growth around the world. Based on a deep understanding of ever-changing market needs, Airbus pioneers technological solutions and seeks the most efficient sourcing and manufacturing possible – so airlines can grow and people can connect.