- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- OBERSCHLEIßHEIM DE
A lab technician position is available in the newly established group, led by Daphne Cabianca, within the at the Helmholtz Zentrum München. One major aim of our group is to understand the function of nuclear architecture in the response to environmental stresses, including nutrient deprivation.
By using innovative approaches (e.g. DamID, high resolution live microscopy) combined with classical molecular biology, genetic, developmental and proteomic assays, we aim to identify the molecular players regulating chromatin organization using the nematode C. elegans.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly enthusiastic and motivated
- Organization and realization of experimental work including molecular cloning, generation of transgenic animals, worm crossing and live microscopy
- General laboratory organization including order management
- Assisting other team members
- Compiling, documentation and analysis of generated data
- Work in an international environment Your qualifications
- Completed professional education as a technical assistant (BTA / CTA / MTA) or equivalent
- Candidates with a bachelor degree will also be welcome
- Applicants with job experience are highly encouraged to apply
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning)
- Highly motivated and strong team-player
- Very good work organization, flexibility and reliability
- Motivation to be part of a new group
- Excellent knowledge of the English language spoken and written is required, good knowledge of German is a plus The following qualifications are considered advantageous:
- Experience with microscopy techniques and/or analysis
- Experience with C. elegans handling What we offer you
A challenging and versatile field of work providing you with the freedom to follow your instinct and be creative. With the help of extensive and goal-orientated professional development measures and career-building programmes we encourage you to grow as a person. To ensure a good work/life balance we assist you with flexible working hours, in-house health management, a nursery, and an “Elder Care” concept as well as other consultation and support options.
Munich, with its numerous lakes and its vicinity to the Alps, is considered to be one of the cities with the best quality of life worldwide. With its first-class universities and research institutes it offers an intellectually stimulating environment.
Remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage agreement for public-sector employees at federal level (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years, but under certain circumstances an extension can be arranged.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
Curious? If you have further questions, simply contact Sandra Maier on 089 3187-49707 , who will be happy to be of assistance.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application until 31 January 2020.
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute of Functional Epigenetics
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich