- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for a working student position? Would you like to support “AIT for optical satellite instruments" in Ottobrunn?
Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us in Ottobrunn in Spring 2019 I at the earliest possible starting date (20 hours/week, flexi-time).
Duration: 6 months
Working students are students who are enrolled at a University or some other institution of higher education, and who are employed in a reasonably long, fixed-term position parallel to their studies. This position must not be confused with an internship or with the possibility of writing a final thesis.
This employment usually takes place directly on the company's premises. A working student's main focus remains on their studies, which is why, during term-time, working students are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week. Working students therefore usually work near their place of study, so as to conveniently combine studying and employment.
Tasks & accountabilities
The department is responsible for the Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT) of optical satellite instruments. These multi-national projects are currently Sentinel-4, Sentinel-5, MERLIN and Met-Image. All systems will provide high resolution data for an improvement of the understanding of global warming and especially the influence of the mankind on climate change.
The team of the department is internationally staffed and experienced in manifold disciplines.
For the renovation of our AIT homepage we are searching for an intern supporting us with the following exciting tasks:
- Development of Homepage concept (compare needs, feasibility and technical solutions)
- Establishing (mini) project plan for Homepage realization with different moduls / steps
- Setting up test plan to verify the fulfilment of the requirements
- Creating first module as pilot and deploy to "test" users
- Gathering feedback after realization of pilot phase
- Introducing (all) missing features and deployment to complete AIT community
- Creation of maintenance plan, roles and responsibility matrix
- Performing first maintenance phase
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Enrolled Student within Media Design, Digital Media Sciences or equivalent
- Competency with MS-Office applications
- Dynamic, engaging, and able to operate independently
- Experience in an international and multicultural environment
- English: negotiation level, German: advanced