Descripción de la oferta
- Sin Experiencia
- Sin estudios
- Salario a negociar
- Las Rozas de Madrid
Who we are
Allot is an industry leader in network security and visibility. A global growing company in cyber-security with a strong Tier1 customer base. We embrace an Agile way of working, priding ourselves on being fast, diverse and dynamic. We are real team players who are ready to go the extra mile to succeed. We believe that anyone can make an impact and together our team spirit makes all the difference. This is your opportunity to develop, professionally and personally.
What we’re looking for
- The Program Director oversees all aspects of the projects in LATAM region from planning, monitoring and controlling processes to revenue recognition.
- This role includes supporting sales efforts, customer satisfaction management and the Allot Professional services team management.
- The Program Director will be responsible for the successful implementation and customer satisfaction for different Allot solutions within large mobile operators.
- A project time-line normally spans over several months up to a year, and include projects planning, review meeting with customers, provide guidance for the assigned support engineer, daily contact with the R&D and support team to report/discuss technical and implementation issues.
What you'll do:
- Leading customer relations from supporting sales process to on-going activity.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams with participation from different functions within the organization and where appropriate, external sub-contractors.
- To assist in identifying and responding to up sales opportunities.
- Planning and problem-solving tasks.
- The CFU Head is responsible for planning the project in order to accomplish its goals or produce the products required within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- The CFU Head is responsible for the project’s commitment to quality – also referred to as fitness for purpose or specification level and may need to call on specialists to assist in creating or assessing quality standards.
What you should have:
- At least 7 years of experience in managing complex implementation projects within large mobile operators, wire line operators or ISPs.
- Experience in managing professional engineers’ teams.
- Proven project management experience gained in a telecommunications environment
- BSC (or higher) Engineering degree.
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Very good technical knowledge of IP networks, Cellular topology.
- Good understanding of operating system concepts (UNIX and Windows).
- Previous hand-on technical experience is a big advantage
Skills and Personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong administrative, time management and self-organizational skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Team player, Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent priority/time management skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Other Role requirements
- Travel ~ 33% of the time
- Location: Madrid ,Spain
- ms project