Descripción de la oferta
- Sin Experiencia
- Sin estudios
- Salario a negociar
You will serve as a Supply Management Specialist in the Hazardous Material Management Division of NAVSUP FLC SIG GF.
Learn more about this agency Responsibilities
- You will develop work methods, techniques and standard operating procedures for receipt, custody, care and/ or distribution of Hazardous Materials.
- You will work with the ship on-crew to conduct ship-wide physical inventory of all HAZMAT
- You will oversee and support compliance in the hazardous materials storage, compatibility, inventory, labeling, and stock on-board.
- You will coordinate worldwide delivery, transportation and acceptance of HAZMAT with the ship.
- You will coordinate screening of excess hazardous material offloads to ensure all usable material is brought to the center as reuse. Travel Required
25% or less - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This is an overseas position. You will be subject to and must be able to satisfy the overseas requirements of the 26Jul12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf
- This position may require travel to places within and outside the contiguous United States which could include remote or isolated sites. You may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- If eligible for permanent change of station, the appointee will be required to sign a transportation agreement to establish a Government time in service requirement of 12 months.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- May be required to obtain a VISA dependent on the overseas country?s laws/regulations.
- You will be required to sign the Statement of Understanding for Overseas Employment acknowledging receipt and understanding of the statement of living and working conditions for this location.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license with a hazmat endorsement, and obtain/possess Government vehicle operator permit.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management. Qualifications
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing the following duties: 1) Implementing the rules and regulations of supply chain management to support logistics, receiving, shipping and delivery of services and material; 2)Utilizing computer applications (i.e. Hazardous Inventory Control System- Windows based and Enterprise Resource Planning Databases) to facilitate management of hazardous materials. 3) Applying HAZMAT storage requirements and regulations to the standard offload procedures; 4) Monitoring the program's compliance with government and local environmental and safety instructions and policies (i.e. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, and Office of the Chief of Naval Operations) to prevent unopened and unused HAZMAT from entering the waste stream. Note: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for this position.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
The following may be used as a substitute for specialized experience:
master's or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or
LL.B. or J.D., if related
If you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Pay Retention will be extended to eligible Department of Defense employee who applies through a formal recruitment program and is selected for a position at an overseas location
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
Tour of duty will be 36 months.
For more Foreign Overseas recruitment information: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/Overseas_Recruitment_information_Foreign.pdf
For more Local Foreign Overseas recruitment information:
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to:
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
Read more How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requiremen