- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Several vacancies for Artificial Intelligence Specialists (m/f) positions have arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join the "Analytics Accelerator" department within DTO organization.
The DTO (Digital Transformation Office) leads the digital transformation of Airbus group, leading key digital initiatives, defining the group data strategy, and supporting culture change towards more digital and agile ways of working. The Analytics Accelerator is a central group of data scientists in the DTO. Its mission is to lead the most valuable and challenging data science projects across all parts of the business. It also helps to build up data science expertise the organization and pioneers new ways of working.
You will lead the most advanced AI projects that come to the Analytics Accelerator. As part of this work, you will also lead long-term efforts to build new AI technology platforms, modules and services that are strategically valuable to Airbus, as well as serve as a partner in guiding the efforts of the rest of the Analytics Accelerator team.
The role offers a challenging and exciting personal environment as well as the opportunity to grow within the DTO and Airbus. The team has a large degree of autonomy and high visibility to top management.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Leading the delivery of AI projects (e.g. designing the architecture of solutions, data flows, organizing a technical team, evaluating delivery model, rapidly prototyping, and building to scale).
• Driving the maturation of AI platforms, modules, and services that address cross-enterprise opportunities.
• Engaging and evaluating external partners (research and ML/AI software vendors) as part of executing on project opportunities.
• Providing technical advice and leadership to Airbus stakeholders across specific AI domains (e.g. knowledge extraction, computer vision, advanced optimization, conversational assistance, anomaly detection).
• Sharing knowledge, contribute to driving change within the digital network, presentations and communications within the digital community, dissemination of best practices (patterns), etc.
This role will involve some travel for business (few days per month in Europe) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
● Educated to a PhD / MS / BA degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with specialization in natural language processing, computer vision, anomaly detection and/or machine learning,
● Experience in (mandatory):
○ Building AI technology applications related to natural language processing, computer vision, machine learning (deep learning and related methods), etc.,
○ Working with unstructured data (e.g. text, images, video),
○ Understanding of big data system architectures (e.g., HDFS, Spark),
○ Experience working with external ML/AI software vendors, partners, or research teams,
● Knowledge of all or part of the following domains:
○ Digital technologies and related challenges,
○ Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and to consult with stakeholders to advise and guide projects,
○ Programming skills in a rapid prototyping environment - ability to quickly prototype ideas, iterate, and creatively design solutions in response to business opportunities,
● Experience and/or knowledge of the following tools/languages:
○ R, Python, Java, Matlab, Spark, Scala, C#, etc.,
○ ML tools packages like Caffe, Torch, TensorFlow, Weka, MLLib, CoreNLP, MXNet, and other open source frameworks,
○ Google collaboration tools, agile tools (e.g. Jira),
● Curiosity for data and data-driven decisions, interest in business or industrial problem solving, creativity,
● Structured and self-organised way of w