- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Commercial and Contracts (m/f) has arisen with Airbus Defence and Space.
The position shall be based in Elancourt.
You will join the Commercial and Contracts Secure Communications department;
The Commercial & Contracts Manager is in charge of providing his/her expertise for the preparation, negotiation and management of all commercial commitments of Secure Communications' projects and business at all stages from acquisition to contract closure: Bid/ No-Bid, RFP evaluation, proposal/ bidding offer, contract drafting and negotiation, Bid approval, managing conflicts and problems during performance of contract at prime, closing.
This position will require French Security Clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
1. Bids & Proposals:
- be the focal point for the other departments and functions involved in the offer preparation (Finance, Legal, Offset, Taxes, Compliance, Export Control, Security, etc...) working within the Core Campaign team (Campaign Manager, Bid Manager, Commercial and Contracts Manager, Programme manager) and the Key Account Manager;
- assessment of Commercial, Financial, compliance and export control risks;
- Accountable for the preparation of commercial proposal in relation with key internal stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Finance, Center of Competence, etc.)
- Accountable for the detailed pricing and financial provisions contained in the proposal (payment terms, payment plan, LDs, bonds and guarantees, commercial contingencies, etc.);
- preparation of the documentation related to commercial aspects for internal review meetings and insuring consistency with the Airbus Defence and Space guidelines;
- flow-down of commercial and contractual terms from prime to subcontractors.
- support to the campaign manager regarding the negotiation on commercial aspects of the proposal with customers;
- lessons learned analysis on the commercial aspects of the offers and proposals.
2. Contracts Management & Administration:
- contract administration , supporting the Project/Programme manager.
- manage the contract change notices and amendments;
- manage (together with other functions) the resolution of claims.
This role will involve frequent travels for business (twice a month) in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Business School
Master Degree ideally with contractual education or experience or
• Legal Master Degree and Commercial experience.
• At least 10 years experience with proposals set-up (deep knowledge of Public/government procurement rules – French DGA) and legal background (contract law) is mandatory ;
• knowledge of Aeronautical regulatory environment is a plus;
• knowledge of the competitive landscape of communications business is a plus.
- Excel and Word skills.
• Autonomy and capacity for synthesis and analysis;
• Team working;
• Good negotiation capability (both within Airbus and with customers);
• Excellent command of French language, English/German is a plus.