- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is looking for a self-starting, responsible, action-oriented, and self-motivated individual to join our growing field services team. The mission of the Customer Success Manager is to ensure that our customers realize the full value of the products and services they have purchased from Proofpoint, ultimately maximizing renewals and add-on transactions. This is a post sales, customer-centric role in a fast-paced environment that demands interaction with enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT and Security organization. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills with a proven track record of successfully interacting with customers regarding business and technical interests alike; a strong technical foundation, especially related to security and messaging; substantial experience driving concurrent projects and issues to completion with little direction, and above all a passion for ensuring a world class customer experience.
Day to day:
- Drive impactful activities with our customers that serve as reminders of value, exhibiting complete ownership over assigned customers, regions and engagements.
- Be a relentless advocate for your customers to improve the product and help ensure that Proofpoint deployments are successful. Consistently gather feedback to identify trends and lessons learned to further product improvement.
- Independently provide ongoing and proactive vision and guidance regarding security initiatives to assigned Proofpoint customers.
- Provide guidance and advice to onboarding customers about how best to utilize Proofpoint resources including their purchased solutions, support options, training offerings and other Proofpoint services.
- Meet regularly with customers to review product adoption and health, support interactions, major issues, upcoming releases, and other security initiatives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer’s business and security needs, providing proactive recommendations that support the customer’s roadmap and vision.
- Communicate consultatively about potential solutions to address customers’ security concerns and challenges.
- Manage and monitor support interactions, serving as an internal advocate for customers, responding to customer escalations, and proactively escalating when needed.
- Lead crisis and incident response, working with multiple parties – internal departments as well as the customer - to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution to issues and project completion.
- Identify root causes of customer churn and possible client dissatisfaction.
- Engage appropriate team members from cross functional groups such as Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Support, and Professional Services to help address underlying causes of churn and dissatisfaction.
- Develop and oversee individual strategies to help meet Proofpoint’s customers’ requirements for success. Guide the customer in best practices to incorporate those strategies into their business/technical plans.
- Plan and lead process improvement initiatives tailored to improve overall customer success and satisfaction during a customer’s lifecycle with the Proofpoint team. Exhibit the skill level to direct those initiatives with all levels of management and cross-functional teams within Proofpoint. Requirements:
- College degree in a business area, technical area or equivalent
- Solid industry experience in a client/professional services, sales engineer, senior support engineer, or other customer facing role with exposure to multiple technology areas
- Understand and demonstrate customer success principles and behavior
- Must be able to articulate customer business requirements and serve as the customer voice internally
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies, specifically email, networking, and enterprise security
- Working knowledge of Linux, SMTP, Salesforce, Windows, Active Directory and Microsoft O365
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills, phone manner, and meeting presence with all levels of customer leadership
- Strong project and/or program management skills and high attention to detail, with a solid understanding of project management methodologies
- Ability to think innovatively, strategically and deliver tactically
- Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
- Required language skills: fluent in French and English (desired language skills are Spanish AND/OR Italian)
- Travel: Minimal to light travel (0 to 25%) #LI-SH01
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
About the company