- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
In Airbus, we have a passionate challenge in front us to manage a deep transformation of our business processes to make our company more agile, fast and people driven.
In this context, you will contribute to Airbus Digital Transformation by joining the Configuration Management Centre of Competence in charge of Process, Methods and Tools for Configuration Management disciplines for all Airbus programmes.
Our team is looking for a Data Scientist that will support the research on new disruptive concepts and ways of working by using data-driven techniques. This position is to be based in Toulouse, France.
Environment & Team
• You will join a self-empower team (Agile team) of around 10 people focused on Innovation and applied Research.
• You will enjoy a rich multicultural experience working with people from 6 different nationalities around the world. The team is mostly based in Toulouse but also with colleagues sitting in Germany and Spain.
• The team is composed of varied profiles such as Business Experts, Architects or Data Analysts.
Tasks & accountabilities
• You will ensure that the different Data Analyst Scientists and Data Engineers working in related Configuration Management topics adopts the best in class processes and techniques for statistical analysis and modeling as well as leading the roll out of Big Data capabilities, consumer initiatives, analytic framework, and best practices within the CM Innovation department.
You will provide mentorship and guidance to junior Configuration Management Data professionals while simultaneously guaranteeing statistical integrity, accuracy, and adequacy within the department. You will help the business continue its evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture.
• You will also play an analytical role researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge various business issues. You will formulate new and creative ideas for leveraging the business’s vast collection of data in the database. You will develop and implement state-of-the-art analytical algorithms for object detection, segmentation, classification, and recognition.
• You will be tasked with modeling complex discovering insights and identifying business opportunities through the use of ontologies, semantics, algorithmic (including machine learning), statistical, visualization, and mining techniques.
You will translate business requirements into quick prototypes and enable the development of big data capabilities, frameworks, and governance processes for the CM Community and the business at large enabling more effective execution of data and analytics campaigns and the achievement of overall business targets/objectives.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
• Master or PhD in Computing Science with solid experience in Data Science.
• Expertise in Data Modelling and Graph Indexation: Ontologies, Semantics, RDF, OWL…
• Experience in Machine Learning, NLP and Deep Learning.
• Mastery of one of Python, Java, Scala, Clojure, or similar language.
• Experience with Relational databases or NoSQL databases.
• Proven understanding of the full software development lifecycle including testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
• Experience with Cloud Platform services and knowledge on Configuration Management process would be a strong asset.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and design thinking.
• Negotiation level in English.
We are looking for candidates to embrace the challenge and make the change happen. We need your ideas, your motivation, creati