- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are seeking a Director, Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP), who will be responsible for developing and leading the French government affairs and public policy strategy. You will report to the Head of International Government Affairs and Public Policy, and have a very close working relationship with the France country manager.
You will also work closely with the France cross-functional leadership team (Medical Affairs, Legal, Market access, etc), Corporate Affairs team, and with other members of the International Government Affairs and Public Policy function. In collaboration with these teams, you will analyze and advocate for public policies that achieve business objectives in France.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
- Define, set up and lead local GAPP action plan
- Establish strong and valuable connections with national decision and policymakers, national health officials, CF community (VLM, AGL, SFM), French MEPs and politicians at the national level in order to ensure favorable access to Vertex medicines
- Develop and support in the relationships with key government officials to help position Vertex as the leader in treatment for Cystic Fibrosis, rare diseases and pipeline therapies
- Assist in building company-wide support for GAPP objectives and educating internal clients on the value of effective government affairs and public policy activities
- Work collaboratively with the local corporate affairs colleagues and international Government Affairs and Public Policy teams to monitor, research, analyze and disseminate relevant public policy and legislative trends in France
- Work closely with Vertex's market access, medical affairs, legal, regulatory, and commercial teams locally in order to follow up the implementation of market access and policy decisions locally in France;
- Analyze French and relevant EU health policy issues as well as regulatory and coverage/reimbursement policy issues to assist the Department in achieving it functional area goals
- Provide political and strategic legislative expertise on activities critical to achieving corporate objectives; also serve on various internal work groups and teams as a GAPP liaison.
- Draft and disseminate information on French health policy and regulatory issues to colleagues on the GAPP team
- Prepare presentations, analyses, reports, and other memoranda to support the French team
- Planning and executing Government Affairs/supportive Market Access plans and specific initiatives at both National and Regional levels;
- Work with the GAPP appointed Vendors to enlarge and enrich the partners network
- Exemplify Vertex's core values in fulfilling these job duties. Respect Values of Vertex and be always compliant.
- Strong connections with national key stakeholders
- Ability to plan and execute GAPP action plan in France through valuable partnerships and innovative projects of public policy
- BA/BS degree in Science, law, public health or public policy with extensive experience in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industries and/or Public affairs agency, and/or with Ministries, authorities, Parliament in France
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, government and healthcare policy in France
- A dynamic, business focused and creative individual with a strong background in healthcare
- Ability to earn the confidence of country managers and to help them understand and demonstrate the value to be gained through strengthened relationships with governments and leading policymakers
- Proven ability to build and sustain positive relationships with policymakers and local partners
- Ability to handle discussions and partnerships with key stakeholders in France
- Demonstrated capability to manage consultants and other government affairs professionals
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact and influence all levels of business.
- Deep understanding of the legal, compliance and regulatory environment along with demonstrated integrity on the job
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrated analytical and research abilities, and effective presentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-initiating, well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects at a time
- A high level of energy and passion toward patients, science and public health
- Ability to travel as needed
- Eagerness to work in the corporate culture of a highly innovative company aimed at redefining health, and transforming lives with new medicines