- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
1. Understand the customer applications that Sierra Wireless is enabling.
2. Understand and comply with the quality policy of the company.
3. Understand and comply with the software development process.
4. Understand the overall software architecture of Sierra Wireless products.
5. Understand and mitigate risks and eliminate liability exposure of product features.
6. Review requirement specification and provide development effort estimate.
7. Develop software design specification tracible to requirement specification in accordance with the development process.
8. Track intra-system dependencies.
9. Develop software tracible to software design specification in accordance with the established coding conventions.
10. Develop manufacturing test and configuration for Sierra Wireless products.
11. Perform required design testing including unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, and reliability testing.
12. Participate in peer design and code review.
13. Assist in developing customer facing documents such as user guides, application notes nd release notes.
14. Provide new feature training to customer support team members.
15. Lead effort in continuous software development process improvements.
16. Investigate, identify root cause and resolve software defects.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies 1. Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience in embedded software development.
2. 3-5 years of experience in programming in C, C++.
3. Experience in embedded Linux or µcontroller embedded system kernel, or user space applications.
4. Work well individually and in a team environment.
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. ffective problem-solving skills.
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies 1. Knowledge in industrial automation applications, automation protocols.
2. Knowledge of modbus implementation, BACNet or Industrial bus embedded software implementation
About the company