- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
Within our EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Asia) entity, to support the growth and maturity of our applied Data Science projects, we’re building a new Data & Machine Learning Engineering team.
The role of this team will be to tandem with the Data Science team, and build services, workflows and tools to :
· Lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable production-level implementation
· Capitalize on experience and technologies, and assist teams in all Machine Learning or Advanced Analytics (or affiliated) projects
· Act as a representative and hub (sharing, collaboration, meetups, etc) within other Ubisoft Group engineering, analytics and data teams
In that context, we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
Preferably, we’re looking experienced professionals, capable of autonomously driving our initiative to success, either as experts, or as lead/managers.
The archetypal mission for this position would be to:
· Design, implement and optimize data pipelines (ingestion, transfer or computation) batch and real-time, into streamlined workflows that can run at scale, in a distributed storage/computing environment.
· In a further vision, provide continuous improvements, from data models to libraries, tech stacks and processes as well as best practices.
· And even further, to participate in the creation of a center of excellence for data processing in the context of Machine Learning or Advanced Analytics.
The key traits needed for this role would be:
· Several years of proved experience in building data pipelines using tools such as Java, Scala, Python, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Hive, etc.
· Strong interest (ideally experience) in the machine learning space
· Strong SQL skills
· Ideally : solid programming skills, to be able to streamline data science code
· Ideally : knowledge / experience with data storages and associated technologies (eg Hive, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.)
· Desire to grow a center of expertise.
Position available immediately and based in Montreuil Sous Bois (Métro Porte de Montreuil - line 9, or St Mandé - line 1)
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.