- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Engine Performance R&T engineer has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse in Engine Performance department.
If you are innovative and want to shape the future of Airbus aircraft propulsion, it’s time to join Engine Performance team within Airbus Design Office for a position in the R&T / Pre-Development / Environment group! Many exciting challenges are awaiting you…
You will manage varied engine performance technical activities for future engines installation studies, mainly in preliminary design, performance evaluation, modelling and optimization capabilities from early phases up to program launch. They are conducted in direct cooperation with the Airbus CTO organization, Engine & Nacelle manufacturers and other Airbus Design Office disciplines (including Future Projects, Powerplant Integration, Aircraft Performance, Aerodynamics and Acoustics).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Conducting new propulsion system preliminary design, thermodynamic cycle evaluation and optimization methods and capability development.
• Assessing new propulsion system concepts with respect to their performance potential.
• Contributing to the Powerplant system performance optimisation and to aircraft optimization studies involving propulsion performance.
• Doing critical evaluation of the Engine Manufacturers' proposals and actively participate in the definition of the specification requirements for new engine installations.
• Developing engine performance models.
• Contributing to continuous improvements of engine performance modelling and engine performance evaluation methods & tools.
• Contributing to environmental/emissions studies.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to an Engineer’s degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautics Propulsion or a related discipline.
• Knowledge of turbomachinery modelling / preliminary design tools (PROOSIS or similar)
• A first experience in engine thermodynamics or preliminary design
• Team spirit
• Advanced level of English and French.