- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Open position continuously for 2018 recruitment needs.
The selected applications will be kept in the bank and we will contact them according to our needs by the end of 2018
Unsuccessful candidates will be contacted within one month after receiving their application.
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for several Engine Programmers (Male or Female) to join a team in charge of developing an AAA game and participate in the upcoming Ubisoft blockbuster.
You have talent and experience in the video game, you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative, friendliness working environment and leading edge technology? Join us!
The Engine Programmer will be responsible of developing low-level systems. You will be in charge of the support and optimization of the engine, and will integrate the external "middleware" modules used by the production.
Under the responsibility of the Lead Engine Programmer, the main tasks will be:
* Analyze the existing non-associated functionalities to the specialties in the engine and determine if they fit to the needs
* Propose improvements to the needs, by designing and implementing new systems
* Clear and structured programing while knowing the performance, maintenance and compatibility needs
* Develop generic systems which will support the specialized programs' functionalities (AI, 3D, etc.) and facilitate their integration in the engine
* Integrate and support the console guidelines (XR, TRC)
* Use CPU profiling tools (PC; consoles) and bring necessary improvements to them
* Determine and fix the bugs identified by other production and quality control teams
* Document the work for knowledge transfer and allow the users to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
Strong interest in programming, regarding general architecture of an engine and regarding consoles implementation and improvements
Graduated with an engineer diploma, computer science or equivalent, you have a minimum of 2 years of programming experience, ideally in the gaming industry and on console programming.
* Strong knowledge of C++ language and solid knowledge of exploitation systems (Windows, Linux, …)
* Experience in coding (GPU, CPU) in a multiplatform context
* Understanding of programming algorithms and multithreading on CPU
* Autonomous and rigorous, you have excellent communication skills, can adapt and work as a team-player
* You are passionate about video gaming
* Good English level
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.