- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy a Forging/Casting Buyer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Blagnac.
You will join the Metallic/Forgings/Castings department and will report to the Head of commodity (transnational MFT leader).
You will be responsible for:
- Managing strategic Forging/Casting markets / suppliers,
- Providing the best purchasing conditions for Airbus and Airbus Group for the strategic suppliers under your responsibility,
- Contracting Airbus and Airbus Group needs under your responsibility and related contract negotiation, supported by contract manager.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1/ Multi Functional Team (MFT) / projects
- Managing projects in the framework of the MFT (project planning, reporting to MFT leader Manager, financial adherence),
- Providing support and contributing to deployment of the commodity strategy (market intelligence, etc.) using the Airbus and
Airbus Group procurement strategy and policy,
- Delivering key financial performance (budget, business cases, audit template),
- Managing company cost improvement programmes (SCOPe+, LRCOP etc): coordinating all activities, identifying opportunities,
establishing associated plan, leading project implementation with appropriate LMFT, elaborating business cases and reporting,
- Supervising and supporting Transfer of Work (ToW) activities for the market / suppliers.
2/ Market management
- Supervising market analysis in order to identify/select suppliers,
- Proposing market strategy to the management and MFT,
- In the frame of LMFT/MFT, managing risk related to suppliers (financial, strategy, monopoly) and defining appropriate
- Ensuring availability of market specific requirements (for example quality, technical, capacity etc.) and demand aggregation,
- Running Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to ensure business needs,
- Proposing supplier selection proposal and coordinating supplier selection report,
- Being accountable for negotiation of all contract terms and conditions including contract change management.
3/ Supplier Management
- Developing and maintaining key supplier and internal stakeholder relations,
- Ensuring Financial Health Check on all suppliers and action as appropriate,
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions; ensuring contract change management, supported by contract manager,
- Managing suppliers contractual review meetings,
- Supporting and contributing to supplier development initiatives corresponding to the actual and future supplier performance
(Cost, Quality, On Time Delivery-OTD),
- Providing support and contributing to definition of development targets (for example cost reduction measures, Quality and delivery performance targets),
- Providing support and contributing to perform/participate to regular supplier reviews/assessments,
- Ensuring consistency between contract terms and conditions, and the information system (SAP, etc.) pan Airbus.
- In the framework of PMM enabling policy, ensuring that key Airbus / Airbus Group subcontractors have the opportunity to be enabled and/or able to procure against Airbus contract terms and conditions using the Enablement process.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5-year degree level (or equivalent),
- Experience as a buyer,
- Experience in supply chain would be a plus,
- Experience in logistics/ relation with suppliers would be a plus,
- Knowledge of materials (metallic) would be a plus,
- Negotiation level of English,
- Advanced level of French.
- ms project
About the company
Airbus makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
The company – a division of Airbus Group – helps shape the future of air transportation and drives sustainable growth around the world. Based on a deep understanding of ever-changing market needs, Airbus pioneers technological solutions and seeks the most efficient sourcing and manufacturing possible – so airlines can grow and people can connect.