- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus DS Geo SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Head Of Imagery Production (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space – Geo Intelligence - in Toulouse. As the successful candidate you will join the Imagery Production department (TCIFT3).
Within Intelligence, the Imagery Factory service sell, collect, produce satellite images and deliver value added products from our constellation (Pléiades, Spot, DMC, TerrasarX).
As Head of Imagery Production you will :
• Support business needs: order execution, follow-up, shipping, invoicing,
• Take part to the technical bid process (production aspects),
• Execute the production planning elaborated by the production management team,
• Ensure processing and delivery on time, on cost and on quality,
• Support and participate in production systems evolution (specification, operational qualification and deployment),
You will work collaboratively with the Airbus Customer Services teams and with the internal project managers.
You will lead an international team of 50 people, based in Toulouse/France and Budapest/Hungary.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Ensure the delivery of portfolio products and tailored products on time, on cost, and on quality, in accordance with the production plan,
• Manage the workload balance between our French and Hungarian production teams,
• Update the production status,
• Implement and manage the center of competencies for Geo SA invoicing.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement plan: optimize workflow and ways of working, manage the transition phase for new systems deployment (Pléiades Neo/GDS), non-quality cost analysis,
• Support the technical bid process for specific projects: evaluate the production needs, propose the best solution to meet the tender requirements.
• Report to upper management.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level in International Business, or Geography or a related discipline.
• Proven experience in Imagery and Customer Service.
• Experience in team management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good listening and leadership skills.
• Negotiation level of French and advanced level of English.