- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are the Airbnb HR team - playful, fun, helpful, and dead serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we raise the bar with every hire. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
We're looking for a HR Business Partner to be based in our office in Paris/France who will support our Talent Partner Team in EMEA in particular focusing on support to the Paris office but able to flex across other countries as required. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an experienced HR partner to come in with a hands on attitude and develop already existing processes as well as growing brand new ones to continually drive our mission and goals.
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and define programs and support needed to optimize business performance.
- Actively partner, coach & develop managers and individuals.
- Partner with COEs and Talent Partners to roll out annual HR programs (e.g. Performance Reviews, Employee Surveys, Merit)
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the global talent team and senior leadership
- Partner with legal team to be compliant with employment regulations
- Understand the needs of the team and makes recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs.
- Respond to employee questions timely and provide advice when it makes sense
- Support Employee Relations in France
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and broader talent team if necessary.
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioral issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
- Work with payroll and benefits providers to educate new and transferring employees about contract terms, benefits, and payroll.
- Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) on onboarding and off boarding processes as well as other initiatives.
- Drive a focus on Diversity & Belonging working closely with the global diversity team whilst creating and supporting programs that are suitable for the Region.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 8+ years of progressive HR experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- A high energy, thoughtful HR partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also see the big picture.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team.
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Experience working for a global company
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Self-directed but also great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams
- Ability to be patient and communicate respectfully in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of supporting and driving Diversity initiatives
- Ability to perceive, understand, judge, and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to have the best outcome in any given situation
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
- Must be fluent in both English and French/written and spoken
- Advanced knowledge of Employee Relations in France
- Travel: some travel within EMEA necessary along with occasional US travel
***Please submit your cover letter and CV in English******
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.