- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Le Gymnase is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced IB Diploma Programme (DP) Coordinator for January 2020.
The IB DP Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the Diploma Programme and work closely with the school’s leadership team, DP teachers and support staff to ensure that the academic needs of The Gymnase’s DP students are supported. The DP Coordinator will work closely with the IB administrator.
The Gymnase was authorized for the Diploma Programme in 2017 and is currently a candidate school for the PYP and MYP aiming for authorization as a continuum school for September in 2021. Established in 1538, the Gymnase functions under local governance and concurrently delivers both French National and IBO curricula.
Strasbourg is a vibrant, cultural city that remains highly livable. The school’s location in the city center makes for short commuting time.
It is expected that the DP coordinator carry 8 hours of teaching in Math (MSSL in DP2 and MAA SL in DP1). The Coordinator will be seconded by a teacher who assumes homeroom and University/Careers Counselling duties. The strengths and experience of the successful candidate will determine the exact allocation of roles and responsibilities for the DP Coordinator. Roles will inevitably develop as the school’s cohorts grow in future years.
The successful candidate must have the strategic vision, appreciation of the Gymnase’s heritage, vision and ethos, proven experience in the DP programme, strong interpersonal and leadership skills and exceptional professionalism, to lead the development of the Diploma Programme.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ teaching experience;
- Proven educational leadership and programme coordination experience;
- Previous experience of working in an International school is preferred but not essential;
- Recent experience of the DP programme;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in France and the willingness to develop and maintain cross-cultural approaches to work;
- An openness to assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
All applications should be submitted online via TES.You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV and photo.You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, French CDI status
Start Date : January 2020
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about this position.
For more information about the Gymnase, please visit the school’s website: www.legymnase.eu