- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The IP NPI Engineer position provides a unique membership of a highly skilled IP community within Nokia and an excellent opportunity of career and technical development. You will work in a France-based team of IP and NMS experts in network design, technical validation, migration and technical support for Nokia IP/MPLS networks and solutions (like BNG, Video, SeGW, WLAN) in a pre-sales and delivery working environment.
Your key responsibilities :
- Work with customers and solution architects to perform network design and on-site technical support of a customer network, providing expert technical advice on IP solution integration of multivendor equipment and related IP services
- Support pre-sales team during RFQ
- Define, plan and implement integration and migration strategies, demonstrating PoC (Proof of Concept)
- Execute tests in lab environment supporting Solution Architects and Customer’s Experts for the verification of the design
- Identify and anticipate proactively network performance issues (traffic/quality/resiliency) and provides recommendations for improvement
- Develop customer documents (HLD, LLD, test cases etc.)
- Participate to “first off” operations on the customer network, integrating and validating the Solution within customer's environment to ensure that all customer requirements, as defined in the contract are covered
- Collaborate efficiently with technical personnel from other Nokia multi-regional groups and organizations involved in the process (Project Manager, Maintenance Service Managers, Regional Technical Support, Technical Expertise Center, Welcome Center, etc.)
- Drive technical solutions to problems reported by the Customer
- Continuously look for new business opportunities by proactively encouraging customers to explore new solutions
Your desired qualifications :
- fluency in both French and English, both writing and speaking (near native level is a key differentiator)
- minimum 3 years of experience in testing & troubleshooting IP/MPLS networks
- Bachelor degree in telecom-related engineering field
- former Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia certifications or equivalent
- proven background in using:
routing and IP/MPLS network protocols and features such as ISIS/OSPF, BGP, LDPRSVP/TE, L2/L3 VPN, QoS, IPv6, BNG/ESM
multicast protocols (PIM, IGMP, Multicas VPN) & hypervisors (KVM, VMware)
test and measurement equipment like Spirent, IXIA
NSP (NFM-P, NRC-P), automation (Netconf/Yang, Python) – preferred/not mandatory
- strong customer orientation and negotiation skills
- learning agility
- reliability, seeking the success of the whole team
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the company
As the world’s specialist in mobile broadband, we’ll help you enable your end users to do more than ever before with the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize their value and the services to make it all work together.