- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Legal Department :
At Ubisoft’s Legal Department, we are looking for innovating business executive professionals whose area of expertise happens to be legal. Like us, you are a legal geek willing to have a transformative impact in this fast-moving, ever-evolving legal world. You love to experiment, try and try again until you succeed and always remain positive. You are adaptable and a real strategic business partner.
Our Legal team is organized in a centralized structure around business priorities with dedicated legal counsels for each area of expertise.. We are proud of the very strong partnership between the legal team and all Ubisoft’s teams which we strive to perpetuate and enrich every day.
As Legal Counsel in Paris within the Tech & Security team, you are at the heart of Ubisoft behind-the-scene. Your days will be filled with mind-blowing technologies and multi-cultural exchanges. You participate in building the most innovative legal solutions that comply with current regulations in all countries where Ubisoft operates. You will help identifying the best strategy, to assess and manage risks and to provide support in implementing such solutions.
- Review and negotiate all sorts of IT / TECH agreements in French and English, for a variety of third party contractual relationships, including software license, middleware, Saas, cloud services, hosting, connectivity, development, integration, consulting, support and maintenance agreements ;
- Provide strategic and practical advice to Ubisoft’s tech & security teams as well as production teams, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that they can easily use ;
- Support, accompany and train our teams around the globe to give them the best legal reflexes ;
- Ensure conformity with Ubisoft’s business needs, policies and risk tolerance ;
- Always keep an ear out for any shift in the legal landscape which could impact Ubisoft ;
- Anticipate and support the continuous improvement of our practice and legal processes.
- Educated: you have a law degree from a French law school (Master Innovation / Nouvelles Technologies/ Propriété Intellectuelle in France, LLM or equivalent)
- Experienced : Minimum 5 years related experience in a tech/Innovation/digital environment, with a focus on IT/IP law and contract law, preferably in-house. You are comfortable working on various contracts in the IT field; drafting, negotiating and being savvy about tech & security matters under different legislations. Experience in management is a plus.
- Bilingual English and French, you are at ease switching from one language to the other and can negotiate in Shakespeare’s language. Daily work language is English.
- Emotionally intelligent and curious: you have excellent interpersonal skills with a highly motivated mindset. You have excellent legal and business-friendly judgment and are experienced in building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders.
- Multicultural: you have experience working on multiple different projects simultaneously in a multilingual environment. You’re born in a team-work spirit and environment;
- Negotiation: you negotiation motto is win win. You keep cool whatever the circumstances. Moving in ambiguous and unknown fields does not scare you. You are not risk adverse.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.